Chapter 21: Learning to Open Up

I slept for the entire car ride back home from Cha-am. The sun had engulfed all the energy out of me. Beam let me sleep the whole time until we arrived back at my apartment. Beam lightly shook me awake, "Tabi, your home..." I didn't want to get up, I felt so groggy that the position I was already in was comfortable enough.

"... Ugh..."

"Tabi, do you really plan on sleeping in my car the entire night?"

"... Ugh... Yes..." I didn't want to move from my spot.

"Fine! I'll sleep in here too..." At a snail's pace, I lifted my body in the seat and gave a nice long stretch. I yawned loudly, not caring how obnoxious I sounded. Beam quietly yawned to himself afterwards. While still trying to wake up, I attempted to convene my sentence, "... Thanks... For today Beam. I needed this."

"You're welcome... Thanks, umm, for coming with me."

"Thanks for inviting me."

"Should we just keep thanking each other?" Beam had a grin on his face and I replicated my smile with his.

"Anyways, I won't sleep in your car I guess, so I'll get going." I opened the car door and grabbed my belongings. Before I could say goodnight to Beam, he interrupted, "Did you really want to meet my family?"

"Umm... Didn't I say I would?"

"Yeah-yes I know you said... I'm just making sure..."

"Do you not want me to meet them?"

"No-no that's not it! I would lov- like for you to meet them. I just wanted to double-check, that's all."

"Oh, okay... Yeah just keep me updated and you know my schedule for the most part, so just plan for it on one of my days off."

"Yeah, I can do that. I'll let you know... Well, I'll let you go then."

"Okay Beam... Goodnight..."

"Goodnight Tabi..." I felt a bit diffident about the way Beam said goodnight, so I gave a quick wave goodbye, shut the car door, and took off to the apartment building.

As I entered my home, I was greeted by Fah, "Soooo, how was today?" She said this is in a teasing voice, which made me feel even more shy.

"It was good..."

"... Anything happen?"

"Nope, we just went to the beach and chilled out."

"Oh my god Tabi! Nothing happened between you two?"

"WHY WOULD SOMETHING HAPPEN?"

"UMM HELLO! DO I NEED TO SPELL IT OUT? You and the model boy like each other!"

"JESUS! I think we like each other, but not in the way you're thinking."

"Bullshit! What guy, who isn't gay, hangs out with a girl every chance he gets, and the other way around with you?"

"That's presumptuous of you Fah! Gay, or not, I think you can enjoy someone's company and not have to be romantically involved with them."

"I DON'T BUY IT! I think you both like each other, but are being too stupid to admit it! I'm not trying to be a bitch Tabi, but don't you like Beam? Not just as a friend, but more than that?"

"I like Beam as a friend! He's nice and listens to me complain about shit, but I don't think of him like that!" Fah was starting to irritate me. I don't understand why if I'm friends with a guy that it automatically means I like them! I'm sure Beam would feel the same way. If Beam liked me, he would've shown, or told me by now.