Chapter 5

。:*•.───── ❁ ❁ ─────.•*:。✩

Just  like that , school was finally over. Marcy was waiting for Avery cause apparently they wanted to walk home with her .
Little drops of water started falling from the sky, and soon enough Marcy could hear the frightening sounds of the angry clouds getting  louder and louder. She was standing near the entrance , cursing herself for not bringing an umbrella with her. Some minutes passed, Avery wasn't showing up and the rain was still going on.  Her thoughts were interrupted by a notification.
-It's them- she thought Marcy

Avery
-Sorry i suddlenly got busy ; i'll make it up to you when i'm gonna help u forget that anne dumber than a bag of rocks crush u got. See you at the park bench ;)-

She felt kinda disappointed about it. She actually wanted to be friends with Avery, they seemed cool but She started getting pissed at how they seemed to hate Anne for no reason;
but it couldn't hurt to hang out once in a while with someone other than-

"A-Anne?"  Marcy said soon after answering the sudden call .

"Marcy! Have you got home yet?"

"No?I'm still at school, near the entrance..."

"What are you doing there ? Are you alone?"

"Yeah, Actually..."

"Wait there."

Anne hang up.
What just happened? She waited patiently trying to calm her heart . Anne was gonna walk her home ?? The two of them ?? under the same umbrella??

"Marcy! I'm here !"

Anne hugged her tightly, she could feel her getting warmer and warmer . She liked the feeling Marcy was giving her .

" Are you okay? Why didn't you call me if you didn't have an umbrella?"

"Well- I- I was supposed to walk home with Avery"

Marcy could feel Anne freeze a little.

" Oh- What happened then ?"

"They got busy , but at least you've come to save me "

"I'm glad I called you then, Now Shall we go?"

Anne slowly opened her umbrella, trying not to get wet.

The two of them started walking , slowly , listening to the multiple drops of water falling gracefully.Anne admired how pretty her best friend looked, even if her hair were all messy, she still managed to look adorable.They chit-chatted for a bit , trying to enjoy the moment .

"Hey Mars,I was thinking...aren't you scared of being alone?"

"Hm?Where is this coming from?"

"Well, since your parents are always working...aren't you scared?"

"I got used to it " She lied.

The truth was she hated being in her gigantic house all alone . She felt the emptiness soak her and drown her . Marcy always suffered from loneliness, ever since she could remember. She hated being left alone ;
and naturally,her parents constant absence , didn't help at all. Every time she felt like it was too much to bear she would just stay in her room all day crying, sometimes not even eating. Stormy days were the worst . Rain made her remember the violent fights her parents used to have.Marcy was only a little girl, after all. She always had to bear too much for her age , and that's why she was so mature despite being so young . She had to take care of herself . Anne was the only one who was by her side during hard times . She didn't want to admit she needed Anne, quite a lot too .