Chapter 4

。:*•.─────  ❁ ❁  ─────.•*:。✩

After being scolded for being late , Marcy and Anne finally managed to enter their maths class . Marcy has always loved maths, and of course as one of the most brilliant students in the school, she didn't even have to put that much effort , since she was naturally good at it. She felt maths as a distraction to the messy and confused world she was in , since maths was so neat and linear.

Except for today. This time maths didn't seem that neat and linear , and her brain couldn't focus at all, especially when having her crush sitting right next to her . She still felt Anne's face close to her , she still felt the butterflies kicking her stomach ,begging for freedom . She was almost confessing to her ! What was she thinking ? What if the bell rang a little later and Anne would have discovered how she felt ?She couldn't dare to imagine her friendship falling apart , it was her worst nightmare .
Suddenly Marcy snapped out of her thoughts, hearing her name being called .
"Miss Wu ! Are you paying attention?"

"Ah- Yes I am !" She tried to convince her , trying not to show any signs of insecurity.

"Alright then you must know how to solve this problem , right ?"

Marcy gave a quick glance at the problem, quickly got up and headed towards the blackboard, solving it right away .
Luckily for her , she was a real genius and could understand faster than any other kid without listening to any explanation.

" That's... correct. Perfect as always "

She then returned to her seat , relieved that her skills saved her from embarrassing herself in front of the teacher .
Anne glanced over at her , mesmerized and admiring her intelligence.

" Wow Marcy You were amazing! I would have pretended to be sick If I were you ! I can't understand any of this! " she said lowering her voice .

" Aww It really isn't even that big of a deal...if you want I - could help you after school? "

" You would do that? Thank you Mars you're the best !"

Anne smiled warmly at her and all Marcy could do was just shyly smile back at her , trying her best to focus on the lesson , while challenging herself to not pass out from her millions of thoughts regard her crush .

Hours passed and finally lunchtime came . Anne was waiting at the canteen ,trying to find a cute little nerd among the crowd .
"Anne! "

Anne turned over finally seeing her .
" I'm here I finally found y- WoAAah!"
Marcy has always had this sort of ability to fall everywhere  even when the floor was completely fall-proof. Luckily Anne managed to catch her in time before hitting her face into the ground.
" Marcy! Are you okay!?"

"I- Um- Yes! Thank you for catching me ! What would I do without you huh ?"

" Don't even mention it Marbles "
She then stared at her eyes , then her glaze got down , to her lips . She caressed her rosy cheeks and carefully tucked a strand of hair behind her ears .

" All done...now they won't be messy "

"Ah- I -"

" Hey Marcy~ I was just searching for you!"
Another voice stepped in . Of course it was Avery .

" Sorry to interrupt you guys with ... whatever you were doing. Anyhow ! Marcy You totally have to come and sit with us girl!" they said glancing over at Anne.

"Oh...that's nice of you guys but I'm sitting with Anne"

" What? Come oon marmar ~ I'm sure that Boonchuy won't even mind leaving you for one second ! You don't mind if I spend time with my Marbles , right ?"

" Actually I do. She's sitting with me ."

" Don't be annoying, You can't make her always stay with you , Who are you ,her girlfriend?"

Anne stood silent . They were right . Who was she to get upset over Marcy spending time with someone else? It wasn't her place and not her choice to make . She didn't have the right to step into their friendship .

" You're right. You can spend time with her, I don't mind . Sorry Marcy"

"Wait Anne-"

"Don't worry Mars, it's alright they're your friend ! Besides it's better if you guys spend more time together, you'll get closer this way"

" Alright... I'll sit with you next time , I promise ! We'll see each other later , Bye !"

" Sure thing. Now go , Bye marmar."

Anne sure didn't like at all what was happening . Avery smirked at her and it just made her more angry than ever . But ... she didn't have any right to get upset . She still was jealous for no reason though. It's not like she could do anything about it; If Marcy was happy , then that was enough even if she disliked Avery.

While Marcy sat still thinking about the fact she had to leave Anne by herself, Avery observed her carefully, ready to read her mind and make her do whatever they wanted .

"What was that ?"

"What are you... referring to exactly?" Marcy asked , wondering why they seemed so pressed.

" Don't play dumb , I know what I saw , How you guys looked at each other ... what are you thinking ? I thought you didn't wanna ruin this friendship!"

" I don't wanna ruin it in fact !"

" You aren't doing a great job then ! You're supposed to get more distant not more closer! "

" It's just! I don't know what to do exactly!"

" I told you already ! You need to get away from her for a while ! Say,!why don't we hang out after school ?"

" Uhm- I can't..."

" Don't tell me you'll hang out with her..."
They started squeezing her shoulder , stronger and stronger .

" Well.. I- yeah ... sorry"

" Do you even wanna stay friends with her?
How are you supposed to get over your crush thing if you just continue to spend more and more time with her?!" They started getting annoyed .

" I don't wanna ruin our friendship!"

" Then just trust my advice and hang out with me ! if you really don't wanna ruin everything at least..."

" Well- Fine ... I'll follow your advice ."

"Good choice little Marcy ~ Trust me I'm just trying to help you, I care about you , you know that right ?" They then finally let go of Marcy shoulder

" Yeah I know, don't worry ."

。:*•.─────  ❁ ❁  ─────.•*:。✩

GUYS IM SO SORRY FOR TAKING THIS LONT IVE BEEN SO BUSY ALL OF A SUDDEN BUT I PROMISE ILL UPDATE NORMALLY LIKE I ALWAYS DID . STAY TUNED FOR ANGST !! Thank you for showing so much support , it really helps ! See you next chapter :) 🌸