Chapter 6

。:*•.───── ❁ ❁ ─────.•*:。

The following day, Anne was walking to school, silently,lost in her thoughts and surprisingly alone . She tried to call and text Marcy all night but she never answered.
-Maybe she's sick- she thought.

Suddenly a warm hand touched her shoulder firmly.

"Anne? Anne!"

"W-What?" She turned around and saw some  big brown eyes and a blonde ponytail staring at her in concern.

"Oh! Hey Sash..."
It was Sasha, Sasha Waybright. Sasha was one of the most popular cheerleader and student around  Saint James , and also was a very good friend of Anne's: Blond , pretty and strong.They both met when they were little kids , and hanged out every once in a while, when they needed to get some fresh air.

"I've been calling you several times ! What's with the long face?"

"It's nothing really..."

"Come on Boonchuy, I know when something's off with you! Would you like to talk about it?"

"Well, fine ... It's actually about Marcy..."
The blonde raised an eyebrown.

"Oh boy this seems serious"

"Yesterday I... Had a fight with her-I mean not really a fight but I don't know? Maybe I overstepped her boundaries? i feel so guilty and I've tried to reach out to her but she won't answer any of my text or calls! "

"Do you think she is mad at you ?"

"I- Maybe? She seemed ... scared other than mad , she's been acting stranger than usual ever since she met-"

"Avery?!"
Sasha screamed gasping .

"Yeah- How did you know ?"

"No I meant Avery and Marcy, right there !"

Anne turned around and saw Avery walking Marcy to school . What were they doing together,holding hands? She felt her stomach twist at the sight of the two of them together.

"Is Marcy dating-"

"NO! They're JUST friends."

"Ok Ok, I didn't know ! They seem very close though...?"

"I- i've noticed they seem closer than normal but...Marcy would have told me it they were - a thing"

"Alriight.You're probably right."

Before Anne could go to talk to Marcy, the bell rang, and so she had to wait .
Hours passed and even though Marcy and Anne were in the same class , Marcy didn't dare even once  to make eye-contact with her friend . She felt her eyes burning on her skin .
As soon as the bell rang and class was finally dismissed, Marcy was trying her best to pack everything and run as fast as she could , she already knew Anne wasn't going to let her go that easily.

Before she could grab her backpack a hand reached out for her sweater .

-oh no- she thought.

"Marcy..."

-please no-

Marcy remained silent , feeling the grip getting tighter.

"Are you...mad at me ?"

She felt her heart skip some beats . Anne sounded like a defenseless child asking such question .

"I'm... not mad ."
She tried to say holding herself together.

"Then why are you acting like it? Did I do something to make you like this?"

" I...I think I have to go ."

"Marcy! Wait!"

And in a second she stormed off the room. Leaving Anne with more questions and a sense of helplessness.

She spent the next hours thinking how to talk to her . She had to talk to her . She wanted to understand . She didn't have a clue on what was going on . It wasn't the first time they had a fight , but Marcy never acted this way with her before . Something was wrong and she wanted to find out the truth .

Some days passed and Marcy was only answering in a cold tone to Anne's texts .

Anne tried to talk to her several times at school but Avery always stepped in to divide the two of them .

"Marcyy~"

That voice.
-It's them.- Marcy started getting tense.

"There you are ! I was waiting for you . I see Anne distracted you , right?"

"I'm sorry Avery."

"Well Anne, we have to go , see you !"

Avery grabbed Marcy's hand and quickly left. Anne was left without answers ,again,feeling helpless than ever .

。:*•.───── ❁ ❁ ─────.•*:。
AGAIN IM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATINGG IM ALIVE
School has started for me and i've been so busy and stressed out i'm so sorry but this time the chapter will be shorter than usual . see you soon hopefully:)