Chapter 8

The group had left with a list of groceries for you and Eddie. So you both laid in the boat in each other's arms just listening to the rare silence. "I can't sleep," Eddie muttered.

"Me either," you sighed.

"Can you promise me something?" He asked you.

"Depends," you joked.

"I'm being serious," he told you. You nodded and he sighed. "If something happens, I get arrested or killed somehow-"

"Eddie please don't say that," you sat up and looked at him. He placed his hands on your shoulders.

"Listen to me, if something happens I want you to live your life okay, find someone new and have kids." He told you. You shook your head and held his head in your hands.

"I'm not gonna let anything happen to you, do you understand me? I'm going to fight to keep you with me." You told him.

"Promise me please," he looked into your eyes.

"I promise," you sighed. "Same goes with me." You told him.

"Nothing is going to happen to you," he shook his head.

"That's what I told you." You pointed out. "So promise me that," you waited for his reply as he looked at his hands.

"I promise." He sighed. He held his arms out to you and you laid back with him. "You know, I forgot one thing for our engagement." He smiled softly.

"Yeah? What's that?" You asked.

"A ring," he smiled. You smiled as you watched him pull off the simple dark ring that he always wore on his right hand and he placed it on your ring finger. "Looks better there," he pecked your cheek. You held your hand out examining the ring on  your hand.

"(Y/n) Munson, I like it, what do you think?" You asked him.

"Perfect," he kissed you gently, holding you there for a moment before pulling away. "I love you," he smiled.

"I love you too," you replied cuddling up to him. He held you close and rocked you gently as you both quickly fell asleep.

When you woke up the sun was lightly peeking through some parts of the tarp. You looked at Eddie and he was still sleeping peacefully. You smiled at his slightly messy hair and his light breathing. No matter how chaotic he could get when he was awake he was such a calm sleeper. You turned so you could just look up at him, the movement accidentally waking him. His eyes opened and looked down at you, quickly earning a soft smile.

"Morning," he pecked you on the forehead. His morning voice just made you want to melt.

"Morning," you smiled.

"How'd you sleep?" He asked.

"Better, what about you?" You started to play with his hair gently.

"I slept great," he littered your face with little kisses making you giggle. "I had this really good dream," he smirked.

"Yeah? What was it?" You asked, already having a feeling where this was going.

"We and you were in this boat," he started. "And I was f-" he stopped the second we heard something from outside.  He grabbed the broken bottle he had used the night prior and pulled the tarp off, hopping out of the boat. "Stay," he told you and you nodded, waiting in the boat. He rushed over to a window and looked around, panting as his anxiety started to build. "Shit," he muttered.

"What is it?" You questioned.

"I don't see anything." He told you. "Oh shit," he panted. You gasped and turned as the door bursted open. "Jesus!" Eddie turned and looked to see our friends with groceries.

"Delivery service." Dustin smiled. Eddie panted as he looked at you.

"Next time knock," you told them.

"Will do," Dustin nodded. Steve waved at you two. Eddie walked over and hopped back into the boat with you. He sat on the bench while you remained on the ground between his legs. Dustin handed you each a box of cereal and a yahoo chocolate milk. You both immediately opened the boxes and dug into the sugary cereal, stuffing your faces as your stomach growled at you.

"So we got, uh, some good news and some bad news." Dustin told us. "How do you prefer it?" He asked.

"Bad news first, always." Eddie told him, his mouth full of food as he took a swig of his chocolate milk. You nodded in agreement as you continued to eat.

"Alright bad news, we tapped into the Hawkins PD dispatch with our Cerebro," Dustin started, making your eyes widen. "And they're definitely looking for you two. Also they're, uh, pretty convinced both or one of you killed Chrissy." We looked up at him. You took Eddie's hand as yours started to shake slightly.

"Like, 100% kind of convinced," Max told you.

"Thank you for sugar coating it," you looked at her.

"Any time," she replied.

"And the good news?" Eddie questioned.

"Your guy's names aren't public yet. But if we found out about you, it's a matter of time before others do too and once that gets out, everyone and their shallow-minded mother is gonna be gunning for you." Robin told us.

"Hunt the freaks, right?" Eddie looked up at her.

"Exactly," she nodded.

"Shit," he muttered.

"So, before that happens, we need to find Vecna, kill him, and prove your guy's innocence." Dustin told you.

"Oh god," you rubbed your face anxiously.

"That's all, Dustin? That's all?" Eddie smiled nervously.

"Yeah, no, that's pretty much it." Dustin replied.

"Listen, Eddie, (Y/n), I know everything Dustin is saying sounds totally delusional, but we've actually been though this kind of thing before. I mean, they have a..a few times, and..and I have once. Mine was more human-flesh-based, theirs more smoke-related," she told us. Your yes widened and you looked at Dustin. He nodded. You looked back at Robin. "But bottom line is, collectively, I really feel like we got this." She smiled.

"Yeah, see, We usually rely on this girl who has super powers." You and Eddie looked over at Steve. "But, uh, those went bye-bye, so uh," Steve told you.

"So we're technically in more of the," Robin looked at Steve.

"Kinda.." he started.

"Brainstorming phase." Max nodded, helping them out.

"Brainstorming," Steve pointed to her, snapping.

"There..there's nothing to worry about." Dustin smiled. Steve scoffed. Eddie looked at them questioning everything he just heard.

"We're gonna die," you sighed.

Suddenly your heart dropped the moment you heard them. Sirens. "Shit," Steve muttered.

"Tarp," Robin pointed. "Tarp, tarp." You climbed over to Eddie as he dropped to the bottoms of the boat, quickly pulling the tap over you both. You started to breathe frantically as he held you.

"We'll be okay," he whispered. He rubbed your back gently as he whispered reassuring things to you.