Chapter 5

We had being stuck in the waiting room for four hours, waiting for any news. A nurse finally came out and told us we could go visit Annie, Lacey hugged the nurse's leg before walking towards Annie ward. We stayed in the ward for half an hour before a sudden gasp filled out ears; Annie woke up. We ran into the hall's yelling for a nurse to come check up on her. Finally a nurse came into the room to check up on Annie.

"Sweetie, have you being a good girl?" Annie whispered "yes mummy, I've being having so much fun with Brooklyn and Victoria!" She exclaimed, Annie gave her a look of confusion "whose that Lace?" I stood up and walked towards her bed "Hi Annie, I'm Brooklyn and this is Victoria. I have being playing and looking after Annie for the time being, I hope that's alright?" I questioned, she tried her best to put a smile on her face "Brooklyn thank you so much for looking after her, I appreciate what you've done for her."

She turned to Lacey "hey bubba, can you please go ask one of the nurses for a cup of water please?" She jumped off the bed "of course I will mummy, anything for you" she smiled before kissing Annie's hand and walking out the door with Victoria.

She turned to me "Brooklyn, it's hard to find someone who I can trust and someone to love Lacey as much as I do but you, I can see how much you look out for her and I want you to look after her" she cried "as long as Lacey is safe in your arms, I will be die happy and know I left her in a caring family" I grabbed her hands "thank you forgiving me that privilege Annie but your going to keep fighting, right?" Her eyes filled with tears before she forced words out of her tired body "Brooklyn, my body is shutting down, slowly and painfully and I don't want to be in so much pain the Lacey has to spend her life; worrying about me and hoping I'm okay. I need you to go get a nurse, I want them to take me off life support"

I had found a nurse and they had being talking with Annie for nearly an hour now. Lacey, Victoria and I had being waiting for what was going to happen. A nurse walked out of the room and went towards Lacey "Hey honey, mummy wants to see you now okay?" She nodded and ran towards Annie's room, the nurse turned towards us and sighed "Annie has told me that this will be Lacey's final visit. She wants Brooklyn to be the care giver of Lacey and we need to know if your willingly to. Victoria of course will always be there to support you but she wants Lacey forever be happy with you" a tear ran down my eye "I will always love Lacey, of course I will be the care giver"

Annie took a deep breath before crying to Lacey "My baby bear, mummy has to go and rest with God now. I'm sorry Lacey, I will always love you and remember that I'll be in your heart forever okay?" Lacey laid on Annie's chest, sniffling and crying "Mummy, if your going to be happy than I want you to rest with God. I don't like waking up every day, knowing that your sadder than you were yesterday. I love you and please come visit me when you aren't busy resting mummy, otherwise I'll miss you too much" Annie let out a burst of tears "baby girl I'll miss you" she cried while holding Lacey in a tight embrace.

The nurse had a liquid to inject into Annie so that she'll fall asleep, but sadly never wake up again. While Annie was being injected with the liquid, Lacey was sitting by her mum while she whispered "sleep peacefully mummy bear, I will love you forever and ever". Annie's eyes start to flutter, before we knew it; Annie was resting with God. Lacey's breath became uncontrollable and she started to panic; constantly yelling "no, mummy please come back! I miss you already".

In the end, I had to carry her out of the hospital while she was screaming and kicking around "I WANT MY MUM" she yelled. Tears had filled my eyes "Lace, mummy's gone now okay" I tried to say sounding strong but I knew I was feeling weaker than ever. Lacey didn't sleep until 4:00am in the morning the next morning but I couldn't sleep at all, I was far to restless and upset; it was far too much for me to deal with at the moment.