Chapter 8

10 weeks of chemotherapy is a living nightmare and the worst part is; I've only had 4 of the 10 weeks. Paisley and Victoria have been by my side the whole time but sadly, Camilla is busy meeting all these families that are considering adopting her. I miss her and she misses me and she spends every second she can with me but I haven't seen her in a week. Right now, I'm laying in bed in a large amount of pain but Paisley is singing to me which makes me feel at ease knowing she'll be here for me.

"Oh baby girl! I missed you!" Camilla whispered while walking into the room "mimi, I missed you so much" I croaked while resting my head on her chest when she laid on the my bed next to me. We had a little giggle all together and I was about to fall asleep to Paisley singing and Camilla stroking my hair when I heard someone whisper "um hi, I'm here for Brooklyn", I tried to open my eyes but they were heavy and stubborn "who is it mimi?" I managed to say "it's me, Elijah" he said while grabbing my hand and stroking it. I tried to open my eyes and talk but my body just shut down into sleep mode.

When I woke, I had Elijah watching me sleep on one side, Camilla and Paisley chatting away at the end of the bed on a little couch and on the other side of me was a nurse; just quietly doing paperwork but kept glimpsing at me. "Sorry, my body shut down into sleep mode" I chuckled to Elijah, he looked up grinning at me with his beautiful brown eyes "no, it's fine. Your so worn out and you need your beauty sleep" he whispered before grabbing my hand, I gasped and he pulled away "I'm sorry" he said looking gloomy "no, it's fine." I said before grabbing his hand and smiling at him. I heard a few giggles before seeing Paisley and Camilla with their hands over there mouth trying not to squeal, I sat up to stretch my arms and when I looked back; there was clumps of hair on pillow. My eyes widened and I saw Elijah's face, he knew how upset and how much pain I was in.

He smiled and looked over to the nurse " um, excuse me? Can you shave Brooklyn's hair and my hair off please?" I just gaped at him. The nurse paced herself out of the room after reassuring me I wanted to proceed with it, together; Elijah and I shaved our heads. We both laughed after we finished for a solid half an hour, after we calmed ourselves i questioned him "why did you shave your head?" he looked up into my eyes before replying "simple. I want you to know that I love you. Brooklyn, I really love you and I know I haven't take you out on a date yet but it was love at first sight. Your beautiful to me, with or without hair and I want you to know I am here for you. That's why I did it"

My heart nearly fell out of my chest "Elijah...I.....I don't know what to say" I stuttered "Brooklyn, you don't have to say anything" he chuckled before pulling me into a passionate kiss. Did I really want to finally let him in? Yes, the answer is yes. I am officially in love with Elijah.