~Chapter 3~

Three weeks had already passed and I had being in and out if hospital. I had grown really close to a little girl by the name of Lacey. She was the happiest little kid I have seen in a while, she was struggling with problems of her own though. Her mother (Annie) and father (Jackson) had being divorced for four years and over that period of time, Annie had become very depressed and unwell.

Lacey was the only thing that kept her head high for those four years but last Thursday afternoon, Annie was rushed to hospital after she attempted suicide. Lacey ran through her street yelling for help until people gave her there attention. She saved her mum's life and she's the smallest hero I have ever met. But Annie is still struggling to fight for her life in an intense coma.

So everyday, Lacey would play with me and at night she would snuggle with me. She confirmed that I was her sister on Monday night; we had grown so close that we were inseparable. When I woke up this morning, I was told that I would he able to leave the hospital and right now; I'm stuck listening to Lacey crying and whining about me leaving.

"Lacey, I'll be back in 2 weeks for a check up okay. I won't forget to come" she had tears streaming out of her eyes "but please! I will be lonely because mummy won't wake up and play with me" she said sniffling. I bent down so I would be her height "Lacey, when I come back I'll take you out to get ice cream, okay?" She bounced up and down "ice cream! Your promise?" I poked out my pinky "promise".

When I arrived back, Paisley and Camilla were standing at the door; looking really upset but disappointed at the same time. I walked up to them "so, I'm guessing you both know already" I said sighing Camilla stepped forward "how could you? I thought we meant something to you Brooke" I dropped my head into my hands, how could I have done this to them? I inhaled a breath of disappointment that was lurking in the air. "I'm sorry guys, but I'm struggling to understand what's going on myself" I felt strong arms wrap around my sensitive body, Paisley rested her head on my shoulder "where sorry for being grumpy, where just scared that your going to shut us out" I looked up at her with my eyes glassy from tears "I will never shut you out, don't say ever that, please" I said crying into Paisley's shoulder.

One afternoon, Victoria got a phone call saying that Annie wasn't recovering and they had to try to do something to help and save her from dying but Lacey layed by her side, crying and pleading her to wake up. So Victoria and I went up to the hospital to pick Lacey up. When he saw me she fell into my arms in an instant, her eyes kept allowing tears to run down her little cheeks. We sat in the waiting room for a little while until she had calmed down a bit, "Broo- Brooklyn, I don-don't want mu-mummy to die" she bursts back into her crying fit. I stood up, holding Lacey in my arms tightly; not having to think about putting her down. "Victoria, I think it's best if we leave the hospital for a little while" I softly said to Victoria right before I heard a soft moan turn into an awfully loud one "NO!!!" Lacey yelled, kicking around. I held onto to her firm enough to know she wasn't going to fall out of my arms, "Lacey, bub calm down okay. I know you want mummy okay but mummy isn't getting better and they need to help her" she slowly began to settle down before whispering "I want my mummy, don't make me go back with daddy". She fell asleep in my arms and we then decided it was best if she came back to the orphanage for a day or two just while the hospital tried to get Annie healthier and stronger.