Chapter 7

I can't believe I judged a book my it's cover, it was just that he was so perfect that I thought he would have a perfect life but I really second guessed. "Elijah, I'm so sorry I was so angry it's just I thought that you had a perfect life because you looked so happy and care-free." I cried, he just chuckled "Brooklyn, it's completely fine. Now will you tell me your story?" He grinned. I cleared my throat before explaining "I have no family, barely any friends and I'm struggling to hold on. You see, I don't see my point in being here, I have nothing to live for so I guess I should just..... I don't know..... Give up" I sighed, Elijah cupped his hand on my cheek "Brooklyn, you are the most prettiest girl I have ever seen" he whispered before pulling me into a kiss.

The kiss was extraordinary, it was like my body was overwhelmed by love; love that I have never had or felt before. He pulled away, stoked by what just happened "can I take you out for dinner one night?" He grinned at me "I would be honoured to" I replied with grin on my face as well.

That night, I was so caught up in my thoughts and feelings that I totally lost count of how long I had being awake for, 11:45pm, shit I'd being awake for 3 hours. I rolled onto my side and tried to fall asleep, half and hour later and I was out. "Brooklyn, it's Victoria honey. I need you to wake up" Victoria whispered "hmmm, what? Im awake now" I said yawning "Brooklyn, I'm sorry but the doctors said that the leukaemia is starting to spread; they have to start chemotherapy today". "Victoria, no please. I'm so scared" I cried "Brookey, calm down okay? Paisley, Camilla and I will be with you at all times. There is nothing to be afraid of"

My doctor, doctor Navia, came into to run trough some tests before sighing "Brooklyn, I'm sorry but it must start as soon as possible and it looks like it'll have to start in-" she stopped what she was saying and looked at her watch "in about 5 hours" she said before racing out of the room. I felt my heart racing faster every second before I blurted out "Victoria, I'm scared and I feel like I'm going to pass out. Even worse, I'm meant to be going on a da-" I quickly pulled myself up, I can't let anyone know. Victoria raised an eyebrow at me "continue on Brooklyn" she demanded, I simply put on a fake smile "I'm meant to be going on a little date with one of my close friends, like a little catch up thing and I don't want her to see me like this!" I cried but Victoria wasn't buying it "spill. Every. Single. Word. Right. Now. Young. Lady" she grinned "Victoria, Stop reading me like a book! Can't you just play dumb and go along with it" I cried before we both broke out into laughter. In the end, I explained the basics to her and she understood how I was feeling. Victoria made me feel like I wasn't alone, she's the reason I wake up everyday.