CHAPTER NINE

Ashton hurried up the steps to the school. He was running a little late this morning because he had to take care of the wolf till the middle of the night, so he slept past his alarm this morning. And it didn't help that he didn't have to pick up Zackary and Willow because they usually would blow up his phone with text, well mostly Willow because she wanted to get out of the house and get away from her younger siblings that didn't know the meaning of privacy and that was why Willow almost lived at Ashton's place most of the time. He ran to his locker and took hold of his biology book before running to the classroom and slamming the door open, scaring the teacher that was writing on the board.

"Ashton, how nice of you to greet us with your presence 10 minutes late. " Mr Burrows said in a monotone voice, slightly agitated.

"Sorry, it won't happen again" Ashton said moving towards his seat that was next to Zackary.

"It better not" Mr Burrows said before going back to writing on the board.

"You okay?" Zackary asked, looking at Ashton who was putting his stuff on the desk and rubbed his eyes.

"Yeah, just overslept," Ashton murmured with a yawn, making Zackary chuckle. "I'm just so used to Willow blowing up my phone in the morning"

"Yeah, you're lucky we just have 3 lessons today because of the football match" Zackary remarked.

"Right, I forgot about that. That's good because I'm kind of behind on my history essay." Ashton replied.

"You are smarter than Willow because we both know she won't use this extra time to do her schoolwork" Zackary remarked, making them both chuckle because they both knew that Willow hated school and she would only do her schoolwork if Zackary or Ashton made her.

They continued to listen to Mr Burrows while he talked about sea creatures and the seas before the bell rang 50 minutes later, signaling them that the class was over and they had 10 minutes to get their books and walk to their next classes.

"What was Willow's first class?" Ashton asked as he walked with Zackary to their next class.

"I think it was math but I'm not entirely sure. Either that or science" Zackary answered.

"I think she had an assignment in both of those classes. Yeah, she tried to pay me to finish them for her" Ashton said with a slight laugh before they took a seat in their next class.

"Well I hate both of those subjects" Willow said, hearing the last of their conversation, she took a seat next to Zackary in front of Ashton.

They continued the day and when school was over most people moved over to the football field to watch the warm ups and then later watch the match. But Ashton drove Zackary and Willow to their homes because they couldn't come to his house because of the wolf, but Ashton couldn't really tell them that he had a wolf at his place.

Ashton unlocked his front door when he had gotten home before he walked inside and locked the door after himself. He planned to open the backdoor so the wolf could go outside and get some fresh air because otherwise the wolf would probably go crazy and tear the whole place apart. Ashton walked into the living room where he found the wolf sitting up and looking towards his direction.

"Are you hungry?" Ashton asked while walking towards the backdoor to open it.

He looked at the wolf for a moment before moving towards the kitchen to see if he had any meat in the fridge, just his luck he had a steak that he could give to the wolf but that also meant that he had to go shopping tomorrow.

He put the meat on a plate and put it in front of the wolf on the floor before letting out a yawn. While the wolf was eating, he moved to the wound to take a look at it and probably clean it so it doesn't get infected.

"That's weird" Ashton muttered as he looked where the wound was supposed to be but found nothing

there.

He put his hand on the wolves neck as he pet him, before he scooted back fast when he heard bones breaking.

"What the fuck?!" Ashton yelled afraid as he looked where the wolf was before but instead there was a man there.