@5

Christmas at the Yeon's was very enjoyable. Hana never left my side as I slowly recovered from the psychological damage of homelessness. My predicament was little to compare to Baby's. She was the only reason I cried thinking what she had to go through. The Yeon's were indeed very sweet. They wanted to support me through school by enrolling and then finding a part time job for me but I declined. My education to me was selfishness. Baby was the paramount thing on my mind as I wanted to live totally for her after our ordeal. What Mom could not do for me, I now wanted to do for Baby. I had my own plans which I only related to Hana.

However, Hana went and told her parents. It was actually on January that Mr and Mrs Yeon presented me with a Ten thousand won to start any trade I wanted. That was what I had told Hana and I was elated. The family totally accepted and took care of Baby as I ran around to set something up and also to find a place of my own. The Yeon's did not know this but I was later to announce my new business and my departure all the same. They were deeply touched by my efforts. They promised to give to support if I ever needed assistance of any sort. I was full of thanks to the family.in due time, I moved into my one room apartment.

Despite the hard times and sufferings, Baby was a very beautiful little girl. She got the best of both Namjoon and I physically and she was very brilliant. The first thing I did was enroll her at school. It was a downtown private school but I had my fears that the Kims might attempt to kidnap her. However, the school had potent security network and a school bus so my fears were eased. I worked hard at my business selling fruits at the local market. With the proceeds, I supported Baby at school not caring about anything else and with time, I was able to open a mini fruit market of my own.

I was the conventional Eun-Ji oma, the fruit woman, on that very October Morning. My mini market has been running for close to a year now. I was chatting with Bhumika - a young lady that runs a restaurant close to my mini market - when my head swelled at the sight of two approaching figures. Bhumika had pointed at my back and I looked. I nearly fell from the earthquake that happened inside me. Bhumika had noticed Hana but not him. As I stood and gazed at Namjoon, at the man he had become and with the unblinking eyes he gazed back at me. He came and we stood face to face in front of my mini market.

"Namjoon" I mumbled at the height of emotion.

"Sara" the tremor in his voice showed he was in shock. His hands were jerking. He wanted to hold me but was not sure I would co-operate. It was when he held my face that I couldn't resist the urge no more. I embraced him.

"Sara" he cried.

"Namjoon" I Sobbed.

After the drama, I could only look at Hana, thanking her with my eyes. I could not ask how Namjoon located her. She appeared in a hurry as she bid us farewell and left.

Gosh! Namjoon was cute.

We attracted quite an attention when we embraced, especially from my fellow market women. They were still gaping as I wondered how to offer him a seat at the filthy market. I just stood and stared at him, my bottled up emotions of over four years igniting in my eyes. It was like he read my mind, for he drew a seat and sat there. He could not take his eyes off me. I gently drew a stool and sat in front of him but looking elsewhere. It was when he touched my cheek that i looked at him. That was the best I had felt about myself in years. When he picked and ate my peach, I was heavily turned on.

Bhumika was a parrot. As soon as she got over her shock, she came over the table and asked I Namjoon was Eun-ji's father. I looked at him for he never took his eyes away from me. I nodded and she went on talking that he resembled her, this and that. Namjoon kind of like the talk about his daughter as his eyes lit up suddenly. He had not forgotten his Korean either as they chatted non-stop till four when the school bus came by and dropped off Baby in front of the shop. Baby ran to me and held me. That was when I came to the sudden consciousness that he might have come for her. As our eyes clicked, tears of affection was in his and intense fear in mine. Baby took no notice of him.

I did not know what to do. I only undressed and changed her, then sat her on my lap as we exchanged glances. I was wondering if Baby would connect with him. He looked foreign with curled hair and an earring. Light moustache and average goatee looked superb on him. I gave Baby a banana. A little while he inched closer dragging his seat. I looked away as he opened his palm to her as if begging her. She gave it to him and he utilized that opportunity to take her in his arms. I wanted to cry. The emotion was just too much. Remembering how Baby had come close to having fathers. My boyfriend would have become that as I had had numerous admirers within the past one year. I looked as Namjoon teased her and remembered how she had connected particularly with Kyle who she called OPPA. Kyle was the closest of all the potential lovers I never had. I believe he really loved me but I was the problem. Namjoon's ghost had torn us apart as I could not love him like I should. He got hurt and had to leave. Baby was still asking me of OPPA to this day. If only she knew who she was playing with now. I felt a hand caress my jaw and I looked up at him. I smiled shyly and stood to sell to a customer.

Namjoon and baby soon forgot me playing till six when I packed up ready to go home. I was done packing when Namjoon got up carrying baby in his arms.

"Let's go" he said.