@7

Namjoon stopped me from going to the market for the mean time. He took Baby and me to his hotel suite. He had wanted to take us to the Kims mansion and I refused. I was not ready to face them yet and he understood. We had the time of our lives at the hotel resort. He first took us shopping and now Baby and I owned things we never thought we could. It was indeed in excess but who was I to stop Baby from enjoying her father’s largesse.

Each morning we would take Baby to school in his car then return to the hotel and spend the entire day all to ourselves. Namjoon had written lots of letters to me when he was there. Some of which he never sent. We read them together while having the fun of our lives. One day after taking Baby to school, we made a detour to a restaurant where we lunch. He kept looking at me.

“Did you ever love me, Sara?” he asked. It came as a surprise and I was lost for the moment.

“Of course” I tried to avoid his eyes.

“Enough to marry me then?” he asked.

“Are you silly?” I laughed. A minute elapsed.

“Not then, Namjoon” I finally said.

“And now?” he asked.

“Of course, you know the truth” I leaned to kiss him.

“I have a wife” he said.

I cannot describe what I felt that instant but I drooled like I could not swallow properly like something was clogging my chest.

“Not really, but there’s this girl that live at the house they want me to marry but I already have a wife and that’s you, Sara. I want us to go home just to do the right thing”
Fear took hold of me.

“Namjoon, I …I can’t” I blurted.

“Of course, you can, Sara, lest you don’t love me” He opened a parcel and took out a ring. While kissing me, he put the ring made of concrete diamond on my finger.

“Namjoon” I cried as I held his face.

“It’s okay” He smiled.

******

It was only because of Namjoon that I went back to the kim’s mansion in this lifetime. But the hostility that greeted me was such as I had never experienced in my life. Mrs kim upon seeing me fought back to attack me but was held back by Namjoon. His father sat there, obviously not happy but did not down. She even extended such inhospitable attitude to her granddaughter.

The dining was full that evening including a strange but beautiful girl who I instantly knew to be Clara the girl he was talking about.

“Mum, Sara is my wife and Eun-ji my daughter. I want my family back. I don’t need another one.” Namjoon even made to argue. Mrs Kim showed a more dangerous side of herself that day. Namjoon had let his guard down when she broke free and pounced on me. We had to run for dear life that day.

It was a day that affected me so much. It made me wonder to some length if the Kim family was a family I was willing to be related with. The family was a very dangerous one and capable of anything. I insisted Namjoon dropped us off at my apartment as I was no longer interested in going to his hotel anymore. We quarreled and he dropped us off at the apartment.

I resumed my normal daily activities as a market woman. A week passed and Namjoon did not come to see us. It affected me deeply but in as much as I loved Namjoon, I was aware of the tremendous hold his family had on him. I did not want to be a material in the hands of people as cruel as the Kims especially when real love was concerned.

I did not want to end up with a total heartbreak. But not seeing Namjoon for days was enough heartbreak of its own.

I felt it to the marrows because I was already head over heels in love with him.