@1

It was with a sense of danger that I knocked at Aunt Jessy's door panting and sweating from pulsating distance run. Baby was crying and I was trying my best to console her. The night had been so scary especially through the long distance from the Kims to Aunt Jessy's house. I had run all the way as i was hearing footsteps, flashlights had appeared too, may have been the police. What could I have told them.

I was already dying with impatience when Aunt Jessy opened up. I was out of breath with so much running. I fell in and collapsed on the sofa. She came after me in surprise after locking up.

"Sara, what is it again?" She asked hands akimbo. "Running around in the night barefooted like a mad woman. What's wrong with you?"

I was trying to catch my breath still cuddling my baby to my shoulder. She had stopped crying. Aunt Jessy quietly sat beside me and took her from me.

"You've had another problem with your mother-in-law, haven't you?" She mumbled, cuddling her. " Must you run out in the dark to tell me? Couldn't it wait till morning?"

"Aunt... It's...a...a long story" I breathed.

She went to switch on the light and brought me water from the fridge afterwards. Baby was still in her arms and she sat beside me again. I gulped down the water leaving small which I offered Baby. She drank little and withdrew.

"What happened that you ran out like this..." She eyed the clock. "At nine thirty, what is it?" She was impatient.

I told her everything and she sat meditating for minutes.

" You think she meant she was going to get rid of you and Eun-ji?" She finally spoke.

" That woman is capable of anything. She's out to ruin me and my child. I had to leave! It's only a tree that stays knowing about plans to cut it down" I replied with feeling.

"Hah! Sara what do you intend to do then? And that Namjoon, what is his take in all this?"

"I don't know Aunt" I mumbled.

"Men" she growled in agony. "All they do is cause problem for us women and run away." Turning to me. "Do you think he'll still be interested in marrying you?" She asked. I looked up at her with tears in my eyes. I only waved my head signaling that I did not know. She had to drop the topic seeing how much it hurt me.

"You no longer wish to stay with the Kims?" She asked me. I nodded.

"And you're sure they won't come after you?"

"Not a chance" I replied.

"And Eun-ji?"

"I don't know, Aunt, but I hope they won't because I will not release her. Never!"

"They're rich, Sara, and you're just as poor as you look" she glared at me.

I was twisting my clothes.

"Anyway clean your eyes" she smiled. "We'll work everything out, okay?" I know of somebody who can help. We'll talk more tommorow okay?" She patted my back and stood up. She gave me food to eat and a room to sleep in, i thanked her and she left. Baby and I took our bath and went straight to bed.

~

I was so afraid to leave Aunt Jessy's apartment for fear of the Kims. I was indeed expecting her overbearing frame to appear at the door one day demanding for her granddaughter but we soon stayed a week and none of them showed. I could not explain the feelings this triggered within me. Delight that they did not come to take Baby from me or disappointment that they did not come to ask after us but I could remember I felt both at different intervals especially as we stayed up to three weeks.

Aunt Jessy looked really happy to have us. When I was afraid of Mrs Kim coming for Baby, she would just laugh it off saying she would handle her when that time came and that she has as much connection as Mrs Kim thought she had. Even at that I was still afraid though, till time settled that.

Aunt Jessy was indeed very sweet. She took me and baby shopping and bought us many things we lacked. She bought us clothes, footwear, even make-ups and cosmetics. She would leave the house to me while going out. She would give me access to everything including some money in case we needed anything. We were actually settling in into the house when things started to get pretty ugly.

Aunt Jessy came home one day drunk and in the company of one man who was actually supporting her. She was in a state of stupor. They had knocked and fell in as soon as I opened the door. I was surprised and it showed on my face. It was actually with concern that I reached to help her and she pushed me away. The man who I later knew to be Jason was the person she wanted to help her. I stood away and watched as he lifted her up and laid her on the sofa. He was about to leave when she grabbed him and begged him to kiss her. He had to use his eyes to indicate my presence, instead Aunt Jessy rebuked me for embarrassing her with my presence.

I left for the room and only heard the sound of their entangling lips. I stayed indoors till Jason left. Aunt Jessy slept till morning when she woke with a hang over. She actually woke me up that morning with a kick complaining about almost everything, that I was lazy, that all I knew was consuming her food and that I was this and that. She called me later that morning to demand that I gave her and her men friends privacy each time they were at the house. I nodded.

There you have it, chapter one for all it's worth. 😔😑

Also, @CreativeNamez asking about my draft of MTMR, yeah, it's also gone.

It's like it was deleted or something.

Lesson learnt: Never put all your eggs in one basket.

Does anyone know how I can contact Wattpad?

Any ideas on what I'm supposed to do cuz I'm so confused right now.

💜💜💜

Bossnamjoon~