@4

Barrister Chul was a lanky man that always hide under his large oversized suit. He had stormed in that day brimming with impatience. I entered wondering how best to maneuver lest I would be out on the streets. Aunt Jessy had first started by explaining who he was. He was the C.E.O of the prestigious  K&B law firm. She went on to recount his numerous other connections Nationwide but barrister Chul was indeed an impatient man. He grabbed me to his body that i sat on him. Clever Aunt Jessy left instantly to stay with Baby and make sure she did not intrude. In her absence I tried to take control but could not as I was indeed inexperienced.

 Barrister Chul felt every part of my body with his hands, he was uncontrollable. I wanted out within minutes but he would not let me. He soon stood up and removed his oversized suit and unbuttoned his pale blue shirt to reveal a heavily ribbed abdomen. I was busy thinking of how to take control of the situation when he pounced on me and started kissing me. His breath was not really pleasant but I was only concerned in keeping him from getting far. He was begging me when Aunt Jessy entered and laughed in delight.

"Barrister Chul!" she teased. "You haven't paid me for services thus rendered"

Intense pain tore through my heart. Then I knew why she had entered. I stood up and left with the excuse to go and feed my baby.

Barrister Chul refused to go; he stayed and drank beer with Aunty Jessy till far into the night. He also gave her lots of cash for I soon heard them whispering. He was requesting to take me to his hotel while Aunt Jessy insisted she prepare a room for us in the apartment. Finally, he agreed. I just sat on the floor of the room watching my baby on the bed, everything replaying like a cinema on my head. I saw the Kim's and the assurance and laughter on their faces while relating to Namjoon that I was indeed a prostitute and I was about to be christened one for the door opened gradually. Aunty Jessy came in and took Baby while smiling and giving me the thumbs up. She left and he entered. He was high in Alcohol and did not waste time pulling off his trousers the only thing he had on. I was still sitting on the floor and he crawled to me. I was still as his lips went all over me, from my ears to my lips to my neck and breasts. He straightened my legs and drew them apart in his impatience. I still kept still. He drew to one side my underwear and drew my hip to his pelvis.

"Stop" I said quietly knowing he would not listen. He grew business like and naughty. I removed his hands.

"Stop it" I said again trying to get up. He held me down ready to force himself in. A slight struggle ensued at which I freed a knee and struck it straight into his groins.

"Oaagh!!" He screamed falling to the ground. He writhed in pains as I pulled away to a corner and wiped my tears and sweat. He was shouting and cursing at me when Aunt Jessy rushed in.

"what is going on here?" she asked in awe as Baby walked in after her. I stood instantly and carried her as Barrister Chul told Aunt Jessy in pains what happened.

"what?!!" she yelled and pounced on me. Baby even got some of the strokes and was wailing by the time she kicked us out of the house. We had come to her house with nothing and she made sure she kicked us out with nothing that night.

Aunt Jessy had no compassion. She chased us from her yard for one week. That was where we slept. I always begged her each time but she made sure she embarrassed me by calling me a prostitute. Everyone around soon began to refer to me as one but it was actually hunger that finally drove us away. I had experienced how merciless she was enough. Baby was nearly the size of a matchstick in hunger but that woman's heart remained hard. We had to leave in search of food and work. That search somehow resulted in where we slept. Sometimes I would clear rubbish for some cheap amount. We would at least feed.

 The search for livelihood was irregular, sometimes the walk would be too long. Sometimes we would sleep at a church or an empty market, whichever one we came across. I never relented on my search for work though people started seeing me as crazy woman due to my tattered dress, Baby's dirty clothes and our not too recently combed hair. We had not taken a bath for close to two weeks when by a stroke of sheer luck, I found that job at a construction site. 

That job dealt with me but It somehow helped for it provided us with some change of clothes, food and for a reasonable period of time, shelter. It was nearly three months and we were out in the streets once again. That was when I stayed the longest time without job. Out in the streets and searching for a job with Baby strapped to my back was indeed a difficult way to live and a very inhuman way to grow up for Baby, she was close to three. I experienced how difficult it was to find a job and it was like people loved turning me down. Maybe it was because of the way I looked or the type of job I sought because I would nearly in the heat of intense hunger beg to help a fruit seller in her shop just for a wrap of the fruit she was selling.

At a point the hunger was so severe that I had to result to begging. It all started when I was sitting on the road side with Baby on my lap, one man had come and dropped a thousand won note on Baby's lap. I could not believe such luck, a thousand won was such luxury, we had to economize and manage for days. We kept on living off the money we made from begging, moving to places that was safe and less violent. At night, we struggled to find a place to lay our heads because most quiet places are already being occupied by homeless people like us. Sometimes we begged to share with them when it was too dark for us to keep on wandering around. Some would agree, while others will chase us away and we'll have no other choice than to sleep in front of shops and then being awoken the next morning by the owners either yelling at us or sending thugs to throw us out. Some were kind enough to give us food and water before sending us off.

On a sunny day, Baby and I sat by the road side begging. It was the hot sun and the hunger and the sight of school kids moving about that brought back the memories of my childhood and abundance. I hugged Baby tight because I noticed somebody was looking at us from across the road. Her stare was really bizarre so I tried to hide my face on baby's head. She handed the bags she was carrying to somebody and approached. I was trying to shelter my child from the sun, so I could not use her to hide my face properly as she approached me. She was well dressed but I had long stopped looking at faces, especially when I was hungry but then the girl stood rooted in shock, her palms rising to cover her mouth. I did not notice she was crying until it came.

"Sara! Oh no!" she wept.

That was when I strained to register her face. Hunger had mag=de me weak such that straining to register her face made my head hurt. Her face cleared that was when I noticed it was Hana standing before me crying. I felt everything to be felt at that moment.

Hana stood there and cried as people who cared to watch watched. Though I knew it was my best friend in front of me, for some reasons I could not do anything. I could not respond even though I recognized her but it was actually when she knelt down beside me and fell into my arms that my tears overpowered me and we cried together.

"Sara!" she called unbelievably holding my face to make sure it was me.

"This world" she held me and cried.