Bell's palsy (3)

### The Next Day: A Step Closer to the Truth

Avneet was getting ready when her phone rang.

Avu: "Hello."

Dutta: "Hello, I'm Dutta."

Avu: "Oh, yes sir, good morning!"

Dutta: "Avneet, I heard you went to SKM College yesterday?"

Avu: "Yes sir, but how are you feeling now?"

Dutta: "I'm better today. Can you please explain what happened?"

Avu: "Okay..."

Avneet recounted the entire incident to him.

Dutta: "I see. Avneet, isn't this your boyfriend's college?"

Avu (blushing): "Yes, Sir."

Dutta: "Are you coming to the meeting?"

Avu: "Yes sir, are you too?"

Dutta: "Yes, let's meet then."

After some time, all the team members gathered and decided to visit Randeep's house for interrogation.

Avneet’s phone rang again. She glanced at it but chose to ignore the call. Abhishek noticed the contact was saved as "....." and smirked knowingly at her.

At Randeep's house:

Deep: "CID? Again?"

ACP: "Randeep, we understand your situation, but we need your help to find the criminal."

Deep: "Okay, what do you want to know?"

Abhi: "How was Ashi as a person?"

Deep: "She was sweet and humble, always fighting for women's rights. She was a strong girl."

Ishani: "Was she fond of partying?"

Deep: "Yes, but not excessively. She enjoyed parties like everyone else but never attended late-night ones."

Avu: "I see. Can you tell me her favorite colors?"

Deep: "Pink, blue, and black."

Abhi: "And red?"

Deep: "Oh no, she hated red."

Avu: "But when we found her, she was wearing red. Her lipstick and nail paint were red too."

Deep: "Yes, I was shocked too. Maybe she changed her preferences, just like she changed her choice of boyfriend."

Avu (sighing): "Randeep, I understand Ashi cheated on you, but you must accept that everyone has different choices. Maybe she felt you weren't right for her."

They left for the forensic lab.

At the forensic lab:

Shalunke: "Hey Abhishek, how are you?"

Abhi: "Super, doctor!"

Shalunke (smirking): "That's good. Lately, you've been out a lot."

Abhi: "Sorry?"

Shalunke: "I saw you with a girl at the restaurant."

Abhi (coughing): "Oh no, yes... I mean, she... she is Vaishnavi, a college friend..."

Taarika and Avneet burst into laughter.

But then ACP entered.

ACP: "Have you come to any conclusions?"

Taarika: "Yes ma'am. Can you see these wounds on her body?"

ACP: "Yes."

Shalunke: "They were inflicted while Ashi was still alive."

Avu: "Oh God!"

Taarika: "Yes, Avneet. Imagine the pain she endured."

ACP: "But why didn’t she scream?"

Taarika: "Can you see this?"

Taarika pointed to a small hole on Ashi’s neck.

Avu: "It looks like an injection mark."

Shalunke: "Correct, Avneet. She was injected with a drug that caused Bell's palsy."

Abhi: "So one side of her face became paralyzed?"

Taarika: "Yes, Abhishek. Her lip muscles were too weak to move, so she couldn’t scream."

ACP: "This means the murderer wanted to witness her pain. If they wanted, they could have made her unconscious before killing her, but they chose to enjoy her suffering."

Shalunke: "Yes, she endured every moment of agony before her death but couldn’t scream. And her eye was taken out in a single swift motion. Just think about it!"

Avu: "Ugh, I can’t even imagine..."

They left the lab.

### The Descent of Siddharth

In the evening, Siddharth was sinking into the bathtub, his eyes unfocused and dazed. He muttered to himself.

Sid: "Do you feel it? Yes... Do you feel it? No... Do you feel it? Yes... Do you feel it? No..."

Then he started laughing, a chilling, eerie smile spreading across his face.

His phone rang. He jerked up, startled.

Sid (in a cold voice): "Don't call me... please... don't... call..."

But the phone rang again. He lifted one leg out of the tub, trying to stand, but suddenly fell forward, hitting the floor hard.

Sid (screaming in pain): "Why did you push me? Why?"

The phone rang once more. He struggled to his feet and picked it up, blood streaming from a fresh wound on his forehead.

Sid (cold voice): "Ssshhhh, don't call! I'm thinking..."

Sm1: "Babe... what are you thinking?"

Sid abruptly ended the call. The phone rang again. This time, he answered it.

[Hey sweet peoples, hope you liked this chapter!!! Let's see what will happen next]

Who is the murderer?

Who called Siddharth?

Why Siddharth was muttering about?

Is SKM Engineering College good?

How will CID solve the case?