Scary (10)

Avneet was shocked to hear the scream! She recognized Siddharth’s voice. She knocked on the door harder.

“Siddharth! Siddharth! Open the door!! I'm Avneet! What happened? Open the door!!” she shouted, desperate and scared.

Everyone in the corridor came out of their rooms, surprised.

“She’s from CID, right? Why is she here? What happened?” murmured the students.

A student asked, “Ma’am, you’re from CID! Why are you here?”

“Open this door anyway!” Avneet demanded.

“How will we open it? What’s going on?” another student questioned.

“Siddharth screamed! I’m breaking this door!” Avneet declared.

“Ma’am, you can’t do that!” a third student protested.

But before they could say anything else, Avneet shot the door’s knob, breaking it. Everyone looked on in astonishment.

Avneet rushed inside the room and saw Siddharth sitting on his bed, holding his knees and crying uncontrollably.

“Baby!! What happened? Oh God!” Avneet exclaimed, hugging him tightly. Siddharth hugged her back and sobbed.

“Snake... there’s a snake...” Siddharth mumbled.

“Snake? What? Where is the snake? What are you talking about?” Avneet asked, looking around.

Siddharth clung to Avneet tightly. She noticed Siddharth’s phone lying in the corner.

“Did you throw your phone?” Avneet asked.

She tried to free herself from his grip, but Siddharth wouldn’t let her.

“Don’t bring it! Don’t bring it! Snake! Snake!” Siddharth pleaded desperately.

“Baby... where is the snake?” Avneet asked again.

“I’m feeling scared!” Siddharth clutched his head.

“Okay, come with me! Do you want some water? Oh, I don’t know what to do!” Avneet said, panicking.

She managed to get Siddharth into the corridor, but he suddenly fainted in her arms.

“Siddharth!?!?!? What’s happening to you?” Avneet screamed.

The crowd murmured, “What’s happening? What happened to this guy suddenly?”

Avneet checked his heart rate and found it slow. She was quite panicked and called Abhishek.

“Hello! Hello! Please come here!” Avneet pleaded.

“Avneet? What happened? Why are you so panicked?” Abhishek asked.

“I’ll tell you later! Please come soon! Please! I beg you!” Avneet cried.

“Okay, okay, calm down, Avneet! Tell me where to come?” Abhishek asked.

“SKM College!” Avneet replied.

Abhishek arrived within half an hour. He saw the crowd and thought, What’s happening inside? He pushed through the crowd and finally reached Avneet. He was shocked to see her sitting in the corridor with Siddharth in her lap, rubbing his hands.

“Avneet?” Abhishek exclaimed.

“Abhishek, see what happened to him?” Avneet said, panicked.

“Is he breathing?” Abhishek asked.

“Yes, but his heart rate is slow!” Avneet replied.

“Relax! Relax! Let me see! Have you sprinkled water?” Abhishek asked.