Real Love Or Fake Love? (8)

Avneet read the letter aloud:

"Whenever you cheat, you will be murdered!"

Abhishek interjected, "Hey, this sounds just like the previous murder!"

"Hmmm..." Avneet pondered. "Jannat, what happened before Anushka's death? When did you last see her alive?"

Jannat began, "Ma'am, this morning started just like any other. My room is on the third floor, and Anu's room is on the second. We met on the second floor and then went to college together. She was fine, not at all tense. In fact, she was as charming and happy as ever, even cracking jokes!"

"Go on," Avneet prompted.

"The day went smoothly at college. There was just one boy who kept looking at Anu, which made her feel uncomfortable, so she sat with me. The rest of the day was uneventful."

"Who was the boy?" Abhishek asked.

"Leave it," Avneet dismissed. "Probably just some flirty boy."

"Yeah, continue, Jannat," Abhishek encouraged.

"After college, we had planned to have lunch at a restaurant. 'We' meaning me, Anu, Riyaz, and Faisu—my boyfriend."

"Where is Faisu?" Avneet inquired.

"He doesn't attend our college," Jannat explained.

"Then how did you meet him?"

"He's my neighbor," Jannat replied.

"I see. Please continue."

"When it was time for us to leave, Anu needed to use the restroom. She told me to go ahead as everyone was waiting, and she would join us later. So I went..."

Jannat's voice broke, and she burst into tears. "It's all my fault! If I hadn't left her alone, she would still be with us! Oh, God!"

Abhishek consoled her, "Miss, please control yourself. It's not your fault. By the way, does Faisu know about all this?"

"No, not at all! He has been calling me for hours, but I couldn't pick up because of Riyaz," Jannat sobbed.

Abhishek turned towards Riyaz and called out, "Riyaz!"

But Riyaz suddenly fainted.

Jannat, panicked, patted his cheeks. "Riyaz! Riyaz!"

Avneet ordered, "Ishani, call an ambulance!"

"Yes, ma'am!" Ishani responded promptly.

Riyaz was taken to the hospital. The doctor reported that he was in trauma and could not be interrogated for the time being.

---

Abhishek pulled Avneet aside and whispered, "Hey, don't you think Jannat and Riyaz's bond is a bit too much? The way he was resting on her arms... I think you understand what I'm implying."

Avneet replied thoughtfully, "It might be a brother-sister bond. Moreover, Riyaz's mental shock suggests his love for Anushka was genuine."

"Hmmm, okay. But what if Jannat is taking advantage of Riyaz's vulnerability? Did you notice she was caressing him constantly?"

"Maybe to console him, given Riyaz's condition. But to understand Jannat better, we need to see her relationship with Faisu."

"Right," Abhishek agreed.

They approached Jannat again.

"Jannat, please call Faisu and explain everything. Ask him to come to the hospital immediately," Avneet instructed.

"Sure, ma'am," Jannat complied and made the call.

Faisu arrived shortly after, his face tense. He ran to Jannat and hugged her tightly.

"Jan, are you okay? I was so scared!" Faisu exclaimed.

Jannat hugged him back, tears streaming down her face. "Faisu! Everything is over! Oh God! Anu left me! She left us all!"

"Don't cry, Jan. Everything will be okay. She will get justice. Have faith in the CID," Faisu comforted her.

"Yeah, yeah," Jannat murmured.

Abhishek whispered to Avneet, "Hmm, Faisu seems loyal."

"Jannat too," Avneet replied. "But until we find the murderer, everyone is a suspect."

"True," Abhishek conceded.

After a brief interrogation with Faisu about his activities and whereabouts, Avneet called Siddharth.

"Hey, baby! What's up?" Avneet greeted him.

"Everything's good. What about you?" Siddharth responded.

"Ahhh, too much work pressure! By the way, there was another murder at your college today!"

"Mmmm, I'm feeling so scared!" Siddharth's voice trembled. "What if the murderer kills me too?"

"Aww, don't be scared! I won't let anything happen to you," Avneet assured him.

Siddharth's tone shifted to a smirk. "Were you able to save the previous two girls?"

Avneet was taken aback. "Baby, why are you saying that? I won't let anything happen to you, I promise!"

"That's good."

"But there was so much chaos today. Every student came out. Why didn't you?"

"I don't like noise. Besides, I had a headache after returning from college."

"Did you take medicine? How are you now?"

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"But babe, how did you know about the murder? And the gender of the victim?"

"What!? Are you suspecting me? And what kind of silly question is that? Everyone is gossiping about the murder today. It's very easy to find out!"

"Sorry, sorry, baby! I'm not suspecting you. I was just asking. Okay, sleep now. It's late, and you're not well. Good night, sweetheart!"

Siddharth cut the call without responding.

---

Who is the murderer? Why would someone kill a girl like Anushka?

---

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Let's see what happens next!