Fees, Who Gives It? (13)

**In the evening at the park**

Avneet sat on a bench, anxiously waiting for Abhishek Dada. After a while, she saw him approaching.

"Hey Avneetay!" Abhishek waved his hand.

"Oh, hello Dada!" she greeted.

Abhishek sat beside her. "Yes, tell me."

Avneet recounted the entire incident from the previous night, describing what Siddharth had done.

"You know, Dada, it was so unexpected from him! I always knew him as such an innocent boy, someone you'd never expect this kind of behavior from. It was so cruel, so aggressive! I can't get it out of my mind!" she said, sobbing.

"Avneetay, dear, I understand what you've gone through. Please, calm down. There might be some underlying issues with him. You need to get to know him more deeply. Don't distance yourself from him so easily. If you love him, you have to trust and help him. Do you?"

"Mmm... Yes, I love him. But trust? Just think about what he did! If he hadn't had a fever, I would have sent him back to his hostel that very night!"

"Relax. Did you ask him the reason behind his behavior?"

"Dada, please don't ask me that! I asked him, and he acted like he didn't even know what I was talking about!"

"What!? Did he forget?"

"I don't know! He either was acting or genuinely didn't remember. I really don't know!"

"Avneet, let's go to your home. I want to see what he says."

"Why?"

"I want to hear it from him."

"Okay, let's go then."

They got into the car and headed to Avneet's house.

**Siddharth's side**

Siddharth lay in bed, still shivering with fever. He was barely conscious and longed for someone's presence, but no one was there. Echoing voices haunted his ears.

Voice (female): "Are you afraid of the dark? I'm coming!" (×4)

Two voices laughed together, one male and one female.

Female: "Asu! Look, he is my boyfriend! Don't we look good together?" (×2)

Siddharth jerked restlessly. His breathing was uneven, then suddenly, Avneet's voice echoed in his ears.

Avu's voice: "How dare you do this?" (×5)

Siddharth grew more panicked, muttering in his sleep.

Meanwhile, Abhishek and Avneet entered the room.

"Siddharth is muttering in his sleep!" Abhishek exclaimed, taken aback.

"But he did it!" Avneet insisted.

"No! He can't lie while sleeping!"

They noticed Siddharth becoming more restless, clutching the bedsheets.

"Avneetay, go to him! He isn't okay!"

With tears welling up in her eyes, Avneet rushed to Siddharth. She took his head onto her lap and gently caressed his forehead and hair.

"Sidd, relax! I'm here. Nothing will happen."

"I don't know what you're talking about! I don't know!" he continued to mutter.

"Oh, poor boy! He seems very scared by your words!" Abhishek sighed.

"Maybe I shouldn't have scolded him so much! But has he really forgotten?"

"It seems so. He can't lie while sleeping."

Avneet caressed him gently. "Baby, please calm down. I won't scold you anymore. Please!"

Suddenly, Siddharth's breathing became more uneven. He clutched his chest.

"Avneet! He's having some problem! He's not breathing properly!" Abhishek exclaimed.

"Sidd? What's happening? Why are you squirming like this?" Avneet asked, patting his cheeks.

Noticing he was clutching his chest, she grew more alarmed.

"Sidd? Are you having chest pain?" She removed his hands and rubbed his chest. Siddharth grabbed her dress tightly.

"He's gasping for air! Oh God! Let me open the windows!" Abhishek said urgently.

Abhishek opened the windows and quickly called a doctor. The doctor arrived and settled Siddharth with an oxygen mask and saline.

"Doctor, what happened to him?" Abhishek asked.

"It seems like he became extremely panicked and scared very suddenly."

"He will be fine, right?" Avneet asked anxiously.

"Yes, yes, of course!"

"And the chest pain?"

"No need to worry. It was just a reaction to the sudden excitement. He isn't strong enough to bear it."

The doctor left.

"How will he be strong?" Avneet burst into tears. "To be strong, one has to eat!"

"Oh, Avneetay, don't cry like this!" Abhishek tried to soothe her.

"Dada, he didn't eat anything the whole day! Even in the hostel, he doesn't eat well! I made soup at noon, but he didn't eat! Now, look, he's lying here with an oxygen mask and saline!"

"Don't cry, dear. He will be fine."

**Later, around 9:00 pm**

Abhishek and Avneet sat beside Siddharth. Abhishek caressed Siddharth gently.

"Get well soon, little boy."

"Aww, you look cute with him, Dada!" Avneet said, managing a small smile.

"Haha, really? You know, Avneetay, the day I met him, I felt a connection with him, like he's my own brother. From that day, I've really loved him."

"Hmmm, he is so cute. Anyone could love him easily."

"By the way, Avneet, who are Siddharth's parents? You never told me."

"He told me they died when he was small. After that, he was seized by fear, so I didn't ask further."

"Then his fees are paid by his relatives?"

"Fees?"

"Yes, college fees. He's in college, right? Who pays his fees?"

"Hey, I never thought about that! I really don't know who pays his fees! And I remember he told me he has no relation with his relatives."

"Then who pays his fees?"

---

Hey sweet people, hope you liked this chapter! Let's see what happens next.

Did Siddharth really forget what he did?

Is Siddharth truly so innocent?

Whose voices were echoing in his ears?

Who pays Siddharth's college fees?