Sinking (12)

In the early morning, Avneet woke up to find herself sitting with Siddharth sleeping peacefully on her lap. She realized they had slept in that position throughout the night.

Suddenly, memories of the previous night flooded back.

Avu's POV: "Oh God! Was it just a nightmare? I can't believe Siddharth would do such a thing. I've always seen him maintaining a respectful distance, almost as if he doesn't love me at all."

Her heart sank at the thought that Siddharth might not love her.

Pov continues: "No, it can't be. What am I thinking? He loves me! He just maintains distance. But then, how did he become so aggressive last night? His grip was so tight. I remember! I'm trained for situations like this as a CID officer, but a normal girl would surely have been helpless against that grip."

"Oh no! What am I thinking? I'm overthinking this. My heart is afraid. God, please don't let anything bad happen."

Avneet placed her hand on Siddharth's forehead to check his fever.

Avu: "Thank God, his fever has decreased!" She looked at the clock. "Oh, it's 9:30 am! Siddharth, wake up, my dear! Sidd!"

Sid: "Avneet..." (opening his eyes slowly)

Avu: "Yes, wake up now! It's late, baby!"

Sid: (sneezes) "I'm sleepy!"

Avu: "Oh no! It looks like the AC didn't suit you! Wait, let me bring a handkerchief. You have a runny nose!"

Avneet brought the handkerchief and wiped his nose.

Sid: "I'm feeling cold."

Avu: "Can you get up and brush your teeth?"

Sid: "Mmmm... yeah..."

Avu: "Okay, go freshen up. I'll bring some soup for you."

Sid: "Where's my morning tea?"

Avu: "It's late! You don't need tea. It's breakfast time!"

Sid: "Okay, mi'lady!"

Avneet went to the kitchen, made the soup, and returned to the room. She noticed Siddharth wasn't there and knocked on the washroom door.

Avu: "Baby? Are you fine? You've been in the washroom for the last hour! Baby?"

There was no response.

Avu: "Babe? Can you hear me? I'm coming inside! Hey?"

Avneet opened the door and was shocked to find Siddharth sinking in the bathtub, his eyes slightly open, his face calm and expressionless.

Avu: "Siddharth!?"

She rushed to him and pulled him out of the tub.

Avu: "Babe? Are you mad or what?"

Avneet patted his cheeks.

Avu: "Baby! What have you done?"

Siddharth was not fully conscious and couldn't balance his own weight, leaning heavily on Avneet. He couldn't speak, and his fever had increased from being in the water for an hour.

Avu: (while taking him to the room) "Hey? Sidd? Why were you in the water? Your body is so hot! It's burning!"

Avneet made him sit in a chair and dried his hair and body with a towel. She then placed her hand on his forehead.

Avu: "Your fever has increased again! Oh God! What should I do now?"

Sid: (faintly mumbling) "I want to sleep... I can't sit anymore..."

Avu: "Oh, my poor boy! Please wait for a minute. Let me dry your hair."

Avneet dried his hair with a hairdryer, then tucked him well into bed, covering him with two blankets as he continued to shiver. She sat beside him and took his temperature. It was almost 103°C. Feeling very sad for him but also very shocked, she couldn't understand why someone would stay submerged in the bathtub for an hour despite having such a high fever. She caressed him and spoke softly.

Avu: "Baby, are you hungry? I've made soup for you."

Sid: "I'm tired... let me sleep... and please don't remove your hand... my head is hurting..."

Avu: (sighed) "Okay..."

Avu's POV: "God, I'm totally blanking out! Oh yeah, I should call Abhishek Dada. I need his support!"

Avneet took her phone and called him.

Abhi: "Yes, Avneetay?"

Avu: "Dada, what should I do?"

Abhi: "About what? Your voice sounds tense! Are you okay, my dear? Tell me clearly!"

Avu: "Yeah, yeah, I'm okay. But Siddharth isn't fine. He has had a fever since last night. I gave him a cold water patti last night, and this morning his fever decreased. But then he sank in the water for an hour, and now his fever is over 100! I'm blanking out, Dada! What should I do?"

Abhi: "What!? But why was he sinking?"

Avu: "I don't know! He wasn't fully conscious when I took him out!"

Abhi: "Maybe he thought of taking a bath and then lost his senses in the tub..."

Avu: "Maybe!"

Abhi: "Dear, don't worry much! Give him three paracetamol tablets each morning, evening, and night for six days. He will be okay. And listen, don't let the fever increase to a hundred; it's not good. Give him patti regularly."

Avu: "Thank you, Dada. But can you meet me once? I want to share something else too..."

Abhi: "Oh, tell me now!"

Avu: "No, not over the phone! Meet me this evening."

Abhi: "Okay, I'll come to your home!"

Avu: "No, not at my home. Siddharth is here. Meet me in the park at 5:00 pm."

Abhi: "Okay, sure! And listen, do take care of Siddharth and yourself!"

Avu: "You too! Bye!"

Abhi: "Bye!"

Hey sweet people, hope you liked this chapter! Let's see what will happen next.

Does Siddharth really love Avneet or is it something different?

Why did Siddharth do this?

Is sinking in the bathtub not as Abhishek thinks?

Did he really lose his senses in the tub?