#6-Truths Unveiled

Clem: I crawled out of the car wreck, and asked for help.
You were riding on your bike near me, and jumped off. You sprinted down to me.

I nodded.

Clem: You I tried to answer, but I just couldn't speak. I had no air in my lungs.
I moved  my head to the right, indicating the driver's door. It had fallen off, and a hand was sticking out, my babysitters. God, I hoped she was OK.

You went to the door, and kneeled down to the babysitter.
You asked if she was ok.

My babysitter seemed to growl, it sounded like she was just making noise, not consciously talking.

The hand raised up, and grabbed the kid' leg, pulling herself out. The kid fell over, slamming onto the ground. His eyes shut, he was out cold.

My babysitter pulled herself out more, but she wasn't acting normal. She was completely ontop of the you, and about to eat him, when your sister came out. She knocked the walker off of him, before fighting it herself. Your mom grabbed you, and your father went to help your sister.

They seemed to be nearly done fighting, when my cars engine must've blown up or something, because they both went flying. My friend in my house who had come over for a sleepover came outside. She was, she was hit by shrapnel. Your mom just, grabbed you, me and then ran inside. She lay you out on the floor, and told me and my friend to watch you. She ran outside, before a second explosion from the gas tank reaching fire just, covered her in flames.

A bit later, she  turned. She stumbled to us, and in the scrambled to get away, my friend pushed a bookcase over. She was pulled under it at the last second by your mom. I just... I just ran out. I was a fucking wuss, and left you there. 

Your mom left. You were so quiet that, she didn't know you were there. An hour or too later, you woke up.

My thoughts rushed to try and understand just how bad my life could be if the country went back to normal. Everything I know would be just fucking gone.

Me: Clem, thank you for telling me. Don't be so hard on yourself though. You aren't a 'fucking wuss'.

She sighed.

Clem: Sure.

She lied down in her bed, and spread herself out.

Clem: Do you think we'll get food soon?

Me: I don't know. Can't believe we went through everything here so fast. It's gonna be one he'll of an issue.

Clem: Yeah.

I sat down on bed next to her.

Me: How've you been holdin up lately?

Clem: I'm conflicted. Everything sucks right now, but I still have a means of travel to get to my parents in savanna like you said, the boats. But, if the military gets shit under control, we're probably gonna be on lockdown waiting for the stragglers to be killed off, which means no parents.

Me: Yeah. If they can get the Bollocks out there sorted, they'll be able to organize borders well too eh?

Clem: Yeah, I guess. Thank you.

Lilly whistled from outside, signaling for universal caution among the group. I stood up, and walked to the window.

Me: Shit...

Clem walked up next to me, and looked outside over my shoulder.

Lee and a few other Mark, and Kenny came out of the treeline, along with one teenage boy, a girl my age, and an older man with... one leg.

Lee: Get the gates open! WE GOT WOUNDED!

Clem: Shit indeed...

We opened the door, and ran out to the parking lot.