02

It's been two months since I last saw Elysian. I am really grateful that I met her. Her words of wisdom really helped me a lot. I decided to make myself better. Not for anyone, but for myself. Of course I am still having my episodes but at least I'm trying. 

"Hey, Caleb. The library's about to close." Mrs. Perry, the librarian, said.

"Oh. I'm sorry, Mrs. Perry. I was just studying for the upcoming exam. I can't fail or else I might get kicked out." I said as I chuckled. She timidly smiled at me.

"You can borrow those books. You don't have to return it tonight." she said and I thanked her. I returned all my things inside my bag including the books that I borrowed from the library. 

As soon as I got out from the library, it started to rain. Good thing I listened to my Mom and brought an umbrella. I looked at my wrist watch and saw that it's already 8 pm. It's still early and I don't want to go home yet. I guess I'll just go to a café and continue to study. 

I took the umbrella out and started walking to the nearest café that I will find. As I continue to walk, I realized that I am getting near to the bridge that I was supposed to jump off. I smiled bitterly as memories came rushing back to my mind. I shrugged the memories off and walked faster. I looked down, afraid that I might think of jumping off that bridge again. 

I kept looking down until I bumped into someone. 

"Oh, I am sorry. I wasn't looking-" I was cut off when I realized who this person was. Elysian.  

"OMG, Caleb! How are you? It's been a while!" she said happily. I don't know if it's just me but I can see the relief on her face. Maybe she's relieved to see me still alive.

"Hey, Elysian. I'm good. How are you?" I asked back. She smiled widely until it reaches her eyes.

"I'm doing great! I'm glad to bump into you. Anyways, where are you going?" she asked me.

"I'm finding a café to study. I don't wanna go home yet since it's still early. What about you?" 

"Oh! I work in a café! Come with me. I'll take you there!" she said. She held my arm and we started running to where the café is. As soon as she held my arm, I felt an unfamiliar feeling. I felt like I am safe with her. I felt like she could make anything right. I felt like I could always be open to her. I don't know. I can't explain it. I just started to feel things.

"We're here!" she said as she pushed the glass door. No one was there yet but I can immediately smell the coffee and vanilla scent. 

"Go sit wherever you want. I'll make you something to drink. What do you want?" she asked.

"I'll have a venti iced americano, please." I answered and she hurriedly ran to make my drink. 

I looked around the café and it has a calming and relaxing ambience. I love the color palette of the café. White and beige. There are also some polaroid pictures hanging everywhere. There are plants hanging from the ceiling and as well as hanging lights or fairy lights as they call it. 

I started to bring out all the books that I borrowed from the library a while ago. 

"Here ya go! Oh? That's a lot." Elysian said as she puts down my drink and sat down across the table.

"Yeah. I have to study for the upcoming exam or else I might get kicked out." I said which made her chuckle. I smiled slightly at her.

"I'm glad you're doing your best, Caleb. I am very proud of you." 

My heart starts beating faster as soon as I heard the last sentence that she said. No one has ever said that to me. Only her. 

"Thank you, Elysian." I said and smiled at her. She smiled back while directly looking in my eyes. 

We stared at each other until a customer arrived which made her jump to her seat. 

"A customer. I should probably leave you alone now. Good luck, Caleb." I nodded at her and watched her walk to the counter to serve the customer. 

I spent an hour at the café until I decided to go home since it's getting kinda late. I grabbed my iced americano and my bag then I made my way out of the café. I did not say goodbye to Elysian anymore because there was a lot of customer at that time. 

I went to the bus stop and sat there to wait. I was about to throw my iced americano when I saw that something was written on the cup.

"Good luck, Caleb! Here's my socials incase you want to keep in touch with me :3"