fin.

After the funeral, I immediately told my Mom that I want to go home. I can't stay there a little longer because I feel so suffocated. They agreed and we went back home.

As soon as we got home, I immediately went to my bedroom and plopped myself on my bed. My eyes are tired and I was about to sleep when I saw something under my side table. How come I didn't notice this?

I picked it up and opened it. It was a letter. From Ely.

To my dearest Caleb,

                     As you're reading this, I am already dead. Yes, dead. First of all, I want to say sorry to you. I am sorry for admitting my defeat. I know I told you to remain strong and keep fighting but I can no longer fight, baby. I've been staying so strong for quite some time now and I'm tired. You have no idea how many times you saved my life. Remember when I took you to my Granny's house? I was about to take my own life once we got home but you kissed me and confessed your love for me. I told myself that I have you now and I have to live my life for you. Every time I think of taking my own life, I think of you. I think of what will you do without me, what will you do when you find out that I took my own life. You will question yourself but baby I don't want you to do that so I tried to hold on a little bit more. But now, I can't anymore. I am too tired and too hurt to hold on a little longer. I am so so sorry for leaving you behind, my Caleb. I am so sorry.

Remember when I told you to not pick me up at school for like a week? I have bruises all over my body because I always got beaten up by my Dad. I don't want you to see my bruises. The bruise on my forehead that you saw when we went to the art museum? My Dad did that to me. I just made some excuses so you won't get suspicious of me. That night when I came to your house, I got beaten up by my Dad again. I couldn't take it anymore so I left home and went to you. You're to only one who can make me feel better, baby. You're the only one who I want to see before I die.

But you know what? I will forever be thankful because I got to know you and I got to experience how to be loved by you. It was such a great experience, Caleb. I was in bliss whenever I'm with you. I am genuinely happy with you, baby. Every time you hug and kiss me, I feel things that only you can make me feel. Before I met you, I feel like I'm only existing and not living my life anymore. But when you came into my life and whenever I'm with you, I feel so alive again. Thank you for making me feel so alive, Caleb. I am thankful to be your girlfriend for 5 months, and I am thankful to be your friend for 3 months. I am really grateful that I saved you that one rainy night. To be honest, I didn't expect that my life will get better since that night. I didn't expect everything that happened to us. But, baby, I want you to know that you are the best thing that ever happened to me. You are the biggest blessing in my life and I will forever be thankful for that.

Always remember that I love you sooo much, Caleb. I love you more than myself and more than anyone else in this world. Thank you for giving me a chance to love you and to be your girlfriend. You are my best 8 months, baby. I love you today, tomorrow, and always.

Until we meet again, my love. I'll still see you in your dreams. Goodbye for now.

                                                                 Love,
                                                                 Elysian

I cried as I read the letter. How come I did not see this? Life has really been so harsh to her. Those bruises. I cried even more when I knew that she got those bruises from her own father. She did not deserve it. This world does not deserve Ely. My Ely deserved so much better.