09

It's been a week and 3 days since I last saw Ely. She hasn't been calling these past few days but she told me when she called 4 days ago that they are really busy preparing for the graduation. I'm constantly sending some messages but she replies late. I understand. Maybe she's just that busy. 

For the past days, I haven't been doing anything. School and home, that's my routine, for now at least, because Ely told me to not pick her up at her school. I don't have any friends here, well I do but I don't trust them enough to hang out with them. Ely is the only who I trust.

It's already 10 pm and I can't sleep. It's also raining which made the atmosphere cold. I laid on my bed and stared at my ceiling, thinking about Ely again. I miss her so much. 

I was about to sleep when I heard a knock at our front door. It seems like my family is already asleep so I went down to open the door. When I opened it I saw Ely. Standing there, soaking wet because of the rain. I noticed a sad expression on her face. I looked at her eyes and it's red and swollen. I think she has been crying for hours.

"Ely! What are you doing? Let's go inside!" I said and held her arm and we went inside our house. I closed the door before talking to her.

"What happened, baby? What's wrong?" I asked as I cupped her cheeks. She just started crying. I let her cry as I hug her tightly. I started rubbing her back to comfort her, to let her know that I am here and no one can hurt her.

As soon as she calmed down, I let her sit at the couch. 

"Wait here, okay? I'll just get you some hot water and a blanket." I said. I went to the kitchen, grabbed a mug and put some water in it. After that, I went back to the living room to give her the water.

"Thanks, Caleb." she thanked me. After that, I made my way to my room to find some blanket and some clothes that she could wear. I grabbed my black shirt and some pants that would fit her. Then, I hurried downstairs so I could give it to her, she might be cold.

"Here's the blanket but you should change into this first and after that, let's go to my room and talk there." I said. She took the clothes from my hand and I lead her to the bathroom.

"I'll wait for you here." I said and she nodded before closing the bathroom door. I waited for some minutes until she opened the door and walked out. I hugged her once again before making our way to my room.

As soon as we got there, I closed the door and let her sit on my bed. 

"What seems to be the problem, love?" I asked her and held her hands.

"I... I'm just feeling a lot of pressure right now. And Mom and Dad fought so I went here. I feel so suffocated there..." she said as she burst out in tears again. 

"Aww, baby. I am so sorry..." I said while wiping her tears.

"Can I stay here? Just for tonight." she asked.

"Of course, baby." I said and hugged her. I felt her breathing become heavy and that's when I knew that she's crying again. I just let her. I let her cry in my arms for hours until we decided to sleep.

"You can sleep on my bed. I'll sleep on the floor." I said.

"No. It's okay. Sleep beside me, please." she said while wiping her tears. I sighed.

"Alright." I said. She laid down on the right side of the bed and I laid down on the other side. She hugged me so I turned around and hugged her back.

"Goodnight, Caleb. I love you. Today, forever, and always." she said while staring at eyes with a soft smile on her lips.

"Goodnight, Ely. I love you more than everything in this world." I replied and she snuggled into my chest and went to sleep.