10

I woke up with no one beside me. The other side of the bed has turned cold. Meaning, it has been a while since Ely left without waking me up. I immediately get up and went downstairs to ask my mom if she saw Ely.

"Hey, Mom. Did you see Ely? She stayed here last night because there has been a problem at her house." I asked.

"Oh no, son. I did not see her." she said, concern is evident on her voice.

"Where could she be?" I asked myself.

"Mom, I'll eat later. I'm just going to find her. To make sure she's okay." I said but she stopped me.

"Hey, eat breakfast first." she said. I was about to refuse but she said 'please'. I cannot resist my mom.

After eating my breakfast, I went straight back to my room and grabbed my phone. I decided to text her sister to ask if Ely's there.

Me: Good morning, Jordyn. Is your sister there?

After waiting for a few seconds, she finally replied.

Jordyn: Hey. She's not here. She didn't come home last night.

I immediately replied.

Me: She was here last night, don't worry. But when I woke up, she's not there anymore. So, I was wondering if she went home.

Jordyn: No, she didn't come home yet. Don't worry, Caleb, I'll send you a message once she gets home.

Me: Alright. Thanks.

Jordyn: No problem.

After the conversation with her sister, I switched off my phone and laid down on my bed again. Ely isn't like that. She would always say her goodbye to me before leaving. But she's also the type of person who doesn't want to bother anyone. Maybe I'm just overthinking things again. I should stop. This is not going to help me.

I got out of bed again and decided to start my day. I grabbed my towel and was about to get out of my room when the towel hit the picture frame on my bedside table. I knelt down to pick it up and I saw that it was a picture of me and Ely. It was my favorite picture of us so I decided to print it out and put it in a picture frame. The glass pieces have spread all over my room. I decided to pick it all up before going to the bathroom.

"I'm just gonna buy a new picture frame." I said as I remove the picture from the broken frame. I threw the frame in the trashcan before making my way to the bathroom.

It's already 11:41 am and Ely's sister haven't messaged me yet. I'm starting to get really worried now.

I hurried downstairs and decided to find her myself. I grabbed my Dad's car keys and started running towards the front door. My Mom was yelling at me but I didn't care. Ely is all I care for right now.

I started the engine and after that I started driving to where I think might be right now. I went to the café where she works at but she wasn't there. I went to the park but she's not there as well. I even went to the bridge where I first met her but she's not there. There's only one place left, and it's her Granny's house.

I started driving to her Granny's house. I feel like she's there. She have to be there. If she's not there, I don't know where to find her anymore. It's a one hour drive but I don't care. I need to go there. I have to find her.

While driving, I decided to call her sister.

"Hey. I'm sorry for calling you but I'm getting kinda worried. Is she not home yet?" I asked.

"No, Caleb. She's not home yet. Mom is getting worried too." she said which made my anxiety even worse.

"I'm on my way to your grandmother's house. She might be there." I said, not losing hope.

"Alright. Call us if you find her." she said. I said yes before ending the call.

After an hour of driving, I finally arrived there. My heart feels really heavy right now. Why do I get a feeling that she's not here?

I ignored that feeling and I immediately got out of the car and went straight to her Granny's house. I went inside and called her name.

"Ely? Are you here?" I called but no one answered. I searched for every room in this house but she's not here.

"Maybe she's outside." I said to myself and went to the backyard. I called her name once again but no one's answering. I went to fruit farm and to the flower garden but she's no where to be found. I sat down on the bench by the big tree to rest.

As I was about to stand up, I received a call from her sister, Jordyn. I let out a sigh of relief when I got the call. Maybe she's home.

"He–" I didn't finished what I was saying because she cut me off. A trembling and sad voice is what I have heard from the other line.

"She's dead..."

And just like that, I heard my heart being shattered into small but millions of pieces. I fell down to my knees as my whole world collapsed. It only took two words, two fucking words, to break my heart. All my plans for us, all my dreams, everything... It's gone. My solace is gone. My safe haven is gone. My girl is gone.

My Ely is gone.

That day when I lost her was also the day where I lost the light in my life.