03

"I didn't know you're such a slow runner." Ely said while smirking at me. I sat on the grass field as I was catching my breath. She is a really fast runner. We decided to have a race at the park and loser has to treat the other an ice cream.

Me and Ely have been friends for 3 months now and I can tell that my life became better now that she's in it. We hang out almost everyday after school and I always come to the café that she works at. I also want to try and apply to be a barista so she can have someone to talk to and be with while she's at work. She works alone in that café since only a few people goes to cafés at night.

"You don't have to rub it in my face, Ely. Now, what flavor do you want?" I asked her and stand up.

"Hmm. I want salted caramel ice cream, please." she said with a big smile on her face.

"Alright, let's go." I said and then we walked to the nearest ice cream parlor.

"So, Caleb. How's life? Any new tea to spill?" she asked as we continue to walk.

"Ely, you're acting like we're not together 24/7." I said and chuckled.

"I know! I just want something to talk about." she said.

"You know? I noticed that most of the time, we only talk about what's happening to my life. Why don't we talk about yours?" I said. It's true. We only talks about what's happening in my life. She never said anything about hers. Only her work.

"It's because you never asked dumbass. But I find your life interesting. So, let's keep it that way." she said while looking down at her feet.

"Elysian, we've been friends for 3 months. Come on! You already know all the things about me. I have nothing left to share." I said, still trying to convince her.

"Alright, loser. I'll tell you about myself when we arrive at the ice cream parlor." she said and I smiled.

As soon as we arrived there, I immediately went to the cashier and said my orders while Ely took the table beside the big glass window.

"Here's your order, Sir. Have a nice day!"

"You too." I said as I took the ice creams from her hand then walked to our table.

"Here's your salted caramel ice cream."

"Thanks, Caleb!" she said and she immediately digged in without even waiting for me to take a sit.

"So, tell me more about you." I initiated the conversation since I really want to know more about her. I want to know more about her family, about what kind of music she likes. Everything. I want to know everything about her.

"As you already know. I am Elysian Arden. 18 years old."

"Ely, I already knew that."

"Stop and let me finish, Caleb." she and rolled her eyes. I raised both of my hands to show that I surrender and I will let her finish what she's talking about.

"I live with my family. Me, my Mom, Dad, and my sister Jordyn. I grew up in a chaotic family. I also didn't have a great childhood since all I did was help my Mom. My Dad is there but it feels like he's not. The only moment that I felt like I was a child was when I am at my Granny's. Every summer, me and my sister would go at her place to keep her company. We would always help her harvest her strawberries and blueberries. She said that she planted those for me and Jordyn. I like strawberries and my sister likes blueberries. She also had a flower garden full of tulips, sunflowers, and baby's-breath. She said she doesn't like roses because it's overrated and I agree. Roses are kinda overrated for me as well. I loved it there." she said with a sad smile carved on her lips.

"Do you mind me asking what happened to your grandma?" I asked. She smiled then sighed.

"She died when I was 13." she paused before speaking again.

"Me and my sister stopped going there. It's not the same anymore since Granny's not there. It took me 2 years before I came back to her house. Gladly, the strawberries and blueberries did not wither so I always come there from time to time to check if there are ripe fruits for me to take home. Oh right, would you like to go there with me some other time?" she asked.

"I would love to, Ely." I said which made her smile.

"Eat up, Caleb. Your ice cream's melting."