08

Ely called me last night. She said that we might not see each other for a while since her graduation is coming up. She has a lot of things to do and I understand. So, I did everything I can to distract myself from boredom. My life is boring without Ely. 

I was walking, earphones plugged in when my phone suddenly vibrates from my pocket. I took it out and saw that I received a message from Ely.

'Hey, I know you're on your way here but you don't have to pick me up today. I need to stay a little bit late here. I'll call you once I get home. Love you.'

I sighed as I reply to her message.

'Alrighty. Love you more.'

I typed and sent it to her. 

"Guess I'll be walking alone then." I said as I changed my path. I just went straight home since she doesn't want me to pick her up. I can always wait for her even if I wait for her outside her school for hours. But I know she'll be stubborn and will tell me to go home without her. 

As I got home, I was greeted by my mother.

"Hey, Caleb. How's school?" she asked. I plopped myself down on the couch and sighed.

"Meh. School is school." I said.

"Do you want to eat some snacks?" she asked but I refused.

"No, Mom. I'll just go to my room and rest." I said. I picked up my bag and went to my room. As soon as I got there, I immediately lay down since today was really tiring. 

When tiredness died down a bit, I went to my bathroom to freshen up. After that, I went to my closet to find some comfortable clothes for me to wear. I grabbed my grayish loose shirt and my white sweatpants. I changed into them and made my way to my bed again to lay down. As soon as I closed my eyes, I felt really sleepy. I was trying so hard to fight it because it was still so early to sleep but I decided to just give in and let the sleepiness and tiredness take over my body.

I don't know how long I was sleeping but I was awaken by my phone ringing. I looked at the time before answering the phone call. It was 8 pm. I answered the call and it was Ely.

"Hey, love. What are you doing?" she asked. Tiredness was evident as she speaks.

"I was sleeping before you called. You sound tired." I answered.

"Yeah. We did a lot of things today at school." she said.

"You should rest, baby. We can talk tomorrow or maybe we can hang out." I said, hoping that she would say yes. It's been 3 days since I last saw her and I miss her so much.

"Caleb, we can't hang out tomorrow, sorry. I'm just so busy. But don't worry, after all of this, we can hang out everyday just like before!" she said trying so hard to sound cheerful but tiredness didn't leave her voice.

"It's okay. I understand. I miss you." I said.

"I miss you even more, love. I have to go now. I'm sooo tired." she said and chuckled. I smiled sadly. 

"Alright. Eat before you go to bed, okay? I love you." I replied.

"Yes, don't worry. And I love you too. Always, Caleb." she said which made me smile genuinely. 

She ended the call as I stare at my phone screen. I turned my phone off and was about to lay down again when my Mom called me for dinner.