My

❝𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑤𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑑𝑎𝑟𝑘𝑛𝑒𝑠𝑠 𝑜𝑓 𝑚𝑦 𝑙𝑖𝑓𝑒, 𝑤ℎ𝑜 𝑙𝑒𝑑 𝑚𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑓𝑖𝑛𝑑 𝑙𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝑠𝑒𝑐𝑟𝑒𝑡𝑙𝑦 𝑙𝑒𝑓𝑡❞

~•~

'Rocking dizziness' or more customarily named 'vertigo' would be the two words to describe what the five of them felt during their passage on boat. They sat cloaked and hooded to not let the downpour hit.

"Taehyung hyung," Gong-Chan cut the first turf, he was greatly cast down knowing the same man he thought they befriended on board, were now acting awkward and like a complete stranger to them.

"Hm?"

"Are you...okay??"

"Why not? Is anything supposed to be wrong??"

Ae-Ra pressed his brother's palm. His eyes cast down to hint Gong-Chan, Taehyung was trying his best to conceal emotions.

"No. I had to give you something."

Taehyung stretched his arm at Gong-Chan, his cursory eyes searching for something amidst the vast ocean which called for despair: hope.

"But you need to tell us before, why didn't Jungkook hyung come back with you? And why did you say he will not?" Gong-Chan retracted his hand, reckoning that Taehyung can not hold back much longer as he has something to offer in exchange now.

Taehyung didn't lift his eyes off the water girdling them, where the waves traveled to reach a shallow coastline. His eyes were fixed, as if sealed with someone's the others couldn't see.

"He, didn't want that."

A silhouette like Jungkook's cropped up within surface water, lighting Taehyung's eyes up.

-

-Flashback-

"Stay put. Do not move from your place and stay where you are. Rescue is on the way. Stay put and do not move." An automated audiotape reiterated.

"What bullshit. Tae bear??"

Taehyung squeezed down the shutters on his eyes, his heart palpitating against the girl he compressed in between his arms.

"Tae- Tae bear," his eyes were haunted in wide circles, Taehyung has never been so wan or indisposed before.

"Taebear, don't worry okay?, I'm here. Your Kookoo will not let anything happen to you."

"Kookoo...Kookoo help me please, I am- I am stuck. I'm not able to make my way out with carrying this girl. Please Kookoo, please...save us," the way Taehyung acted really went against his grain. Jungkook's heart was shattered into a million pieces, he accused himself for putting his beloved's life in danger in the name of gusto or pleasure.

Taehyung was petrified.

Jungkook trod water to reach the burgundy, lending his hand ahead, "Hold my hand."

"But if- if I drown?? There is nothing to furnish support. It's water everywhere."

"Reap a little courage baby bear, I promise I'll not let it go after I've held your hand."

As one's hand touched the other, their mind came in contact, speaking of the same doom.

"Kookoo...we will be okay, won't we be?" A mere respite could take a turn into Taehyung's life's biggest mishap, Taehyung never envisaged.