1.

Shawn huffs impatiently in the back on the Yellow Cab that idles in bumper to bumper traffic.

God, now I remember why I hated the city...traffic

... I could walk faster than this.

It has been 3 years since he has been in the city, and he did not miss the noise. He didn't miss the hustle and bustle of the streets, and he damn sure did not miss the traffic. He didn't miss much about this place, other than the memories it held and sometimes even those were too hard for him to think about. Good times and bad ones, it had seen them all, and it somehow always felt like home when he was here...even when it did nothing but piss him off. Now, that was not the case -no matter how at home he once felt here- he just wanted to be back in Colorado. He wanted out of this cab and out of this town.

Good thing I've only got 5 days of this crap.

He thinks as he pulls his buzzing phone out of his pocket and looks at the number he recognizes quite easily these days. Swiping his finger over the accept button on his screen he throws the phone up to his ear.

"Hey dad...Did you get my text?"

"Hey, I did." Manny says back to him, "You're in the city again finally? What brings you back?"

"Work, just here for work. Have to do a few business meetings and then I am headed back to Colorado. Want to get together for a little while tonight? Maybe grab a drink or something?"

"Uh yeah, I'd really like that son. Your mom sends her well wishes, she wanted to come but she's out of town with your sister and chaperoning her school trip. Want to meet at Murphy's? You know where Murphy's is don't you?"

Murphy's? You mean the hole in the wall bar with the best hot wings in town? The one that was walking distance from my old apartment?
The one where Camila and I used to - That. That is why I want out of the city. All the places and things I remember I about it, they all involve her. Every one of them, Camila.

"Shawn?" He hears his dad calling his name from the phone and it snaps him out of his thoughts.

"Uh, Murphy's is good. I should be good to go from work at 6 but I will have to run by the hotel and change so you want to meet me there around 7:30?"

"Sounds good."

He hangs up the phone and sticks in back in his pocket. Looking out the window of the cab, he still recognizes the street signs and some of the building fronts as they pass by at an achingly slow pace. He closes his eyes and groans because he knows that is exactly how this trip will go, very slowly. When he opens them, brown hair catches his eye up ahead of the car and he does a double take. Sitting up in the seat, he watches her as she walks down the sidewalk. Black leather pencil skirt and leopard print top with hair in long messy curls down her back.

Camila..?

He thinks as he watches the mystery brunette walk ahead of them. As they inch closer and closer to her, he examines the woman as she walks. Picking her apart in his mind, he starts trying to decide if she walks the same as Camila, moves the same as Camila.

She looks a little taller than Camila is...maybe. Would she be comfortable in the city alone like that? Of course she would, she is Camila Cabello! Wait.

What if it is her? Am I prepared for it to be her? To see her? Do I speak to her? Do I just let her walk on by?

Pretty soon she stops at the crosswalk, waiting to cross the street as the cab pulls up beside her. He can feel and hear the heartbeat in his ears and his breaths become farther and farther apart. He turns as they pass her looking back to see, not her. He lets out a breath he didn't even realize he was holding and slumps down in the seat of the cab. He runs his hands through his hair.