42

song:
invisible string - taylor swift

MINGHAO AND IDALIA

blood moon in 9 days

The balcony seemed to be a place to lose your thoughts and find some tranquility because when everyone dispersed, grouping up depending on their priorities. Soonyoung quickly found himself out on the balcony, basking in the sunrise. The calming sunshine was seeping in-between the cracks of anguish he had been dealing with by himself.

Like a secret he was sworn to keep till death, his feelings were so pushed back that it felt inescapable because there was already so much going on. He needed to be here for his friends. Not out ripping his fangs into random civilians as he would prefer to. So he pushed away the blazing anger and stayed silent.

But soon, he would combust and paint the world red.

Soonyoung wasn't the only one disconnected. There was someone else, but his disconnection bloomed from envy and a broken heart instead of anger. Sitting on the couch, he leaned against his hand with his eyes closed. Not understanding where he sat held already sincere moments from the two people it pained him to see together. Like Soonyoung, Joshua pushed his feelings away for the greater good of everyone, and it was stealing his soul minute by minute.

Inside the bedroom, which at this point was claimed by Minghao, he lay under the covers, eyes closed, but he was not resting yet. Instead, Idalia sat in the empty space beside him, one hand resting on top of his lightly. While the other occasionally brushed back his overgrown hair out of his face.

It was her idea for him to go lay down, telling him that the only way he would get stronger is by, for once, not making his body work overtime. But it was his idea for her to stay with him, as he made the excuse that maybe something could happen to him, but even she knew he had other motives.

Idalia didn't even realize how much the two had been staying near each other lately. Ever since she disturbed his line of sand on his beach, the two relished each other's touch. It brought their crashing waves at bay. That must be why they now didn't want to let go of each other.

"You need to cut your hair," She whispered, unsure if he was asleep but just deciding to say it anyway.

Through a sleepy voice, he replied, "You don't think it looks attractive?" Thrown off guard, she begins to understand another quirk of Minghao; he's gutsy when fatigued.

"Don't put words in my mouth," She warned teasingly. "I just think a little trim wouldn't hurt, it's always in your eyes."

He hummed in agreeance, obviously falling more and more into a deep sleep, "You can cut it for me one day then." His words were followed by her gracious laughing. She rubbed her thumb on his hand, smiling: unknowingly developing a habit.

"What am I going to do with you?" She whispered again, and this time even after minutes. He never responded. She could tell by the rise and fall of his chest that he was finally getting the rest he needed. She took this moment to observe. To gaze at him without the repercussions of his teasing. Taking in the man who lay in front of her. The man she's spent more time with these past weeks than probably anyone else in her life.

And there was that fast jitter again as she took in his features, her heart swelling because she had never just looked at him. And now that she's been finally able to, she was falling. Falling in love. From his dark lashes that grazed his cheeks. Or his lips that unintentionally had a pout. Or his nose being the softest feature on his face that complemented his fevered eyes.

Idalia's face was heating up at a juncture where nothing was happening was causing her weakness in her knees. She somewhat wanted to slap herself, to get a grip. Instead, she basked in his beauty for a while longer, then turned off the lamp that was providing the only light in the room.