Splish Splash, I was taking a bath

"You're shitting me" She cursed. They'd been locked in the biodome for about a whole day now without outside communications. Jenna had tried multiple attempts at repairing communications, because even though none of them trapped inside were crew or had any engineering background, as the wife and life partner to Private Emory, she had picked up a few things. "It's hopeless, I'd have a better chance of making an old school Earth radio."

"So why don't you? It's not like we don't have the time." Jenna's best friend Sulli replied, skipping a stone across the water she was half submerged in. As an aquatic species, she was required to be kept moist at most times. Like most of the others trapped in the biodome, she resided here with the livestock and plant life. It was an artificial environment method of being one with nature even amongst the stars. Jenna had been worried, since Sulli didn't have legs that she'd have trouble evacuating if it came to pass and so had hurried to her during the alarm. Though it only ended with them both being trapped here, at least they were both okay so far. The same couldn't be said about all the residents.

"Fuck it, I might. Come on, let's go see if anyone can spare some parts." Jenna started walking towards where most people in the biodome had gathered, at the veterinarians. Sulli followed beside her in the canal that spanned the pathways inside the biodome. The veterinarian mostly focused on the livestock and pets of the people on board the spaceship Altair, but occasionally if the doctors in the Med Bay were busy or depending on a species particular needs the Veterinarian was better equipped. The doctor was highly respected and recommended in the Biodome.

"You know if it wasn't for my tail I think I'd have a chance with him." Sulli said as they approached and the doctor came into sight. His straight blonde hair swished over his face as he turned to look at them and Sulli let out a small squeal that reminded Jenna of Dolphins back home, and she bit back a laugh. "You have a chance regardless, trust me. I've told you before, your species reminds ours of mermaids. They're revered in our mythology for their beauty. Remember the historical archives of our species first meeting? You wouldn't be the first interspecies relationship of our kinds, nor the last." Jenna reassured her.

"He's a cinnamonroll." Sulli replied back, Jenna squinted her eyes in confusion. A lot of terminology and slang from Earth from throughout the ages had made it's way into the vocabulary of others in the universe, but it didn't always mean the same thing as it originally did. "What do you mean?" She asked her friend.

"You know....he's a snack." Sulli mocked taking a big bite with her fangs and Jenna stifled her laughter in front of the vet they had just reached. "Speaking of snacks though, I am getting hungry. Maybe we can see about some food too."

Dr. Nigel Cooper was small in stature, his eyes sparkled blue and his strong smile was like a permanent fixture on his face. "Doin' alright ladies?" His thick Australian accent hit Sulli straight in the heart.

"We're fine doctor. Just came by to see if anyone has any wiring or something they're not using and won't miss so I can attempt an old Earth radio." Jenna answered for them both since Sulli was a bit tongue tied. "Also, I haven't eaten anything in a long time so I was planning to use your food synthesizer."

"Ah can cook ya somethin' instead if ya'd like."
Nigel offered. "The biodome is home to Altair's livestock, crops and other nutritional means. I often cook for myself." He shot Sulli a wink. "And others."

"No, that's fine. I don't want you to put yourself to any trouble. And the food synthesizer is one of the few things working around here." Jenna waved off his offer as she sat down. Sulli pulled herself up out of the canal and sat at the edge. "How are the injured doing?"

"Managin', but they'll need to see Dr. Vorb after they get outta here to make sure everythin's spiffy." He answered, referring to the patients that had barely gotten inside the biome before its entrance got sealed off. "Ya can check on 'em if ya'd like when you go in there, just ah...stay clear of Duvan. He's a bit of a root rat towards the Sheila's and I'm afraid gettin' knocked in the head has only made him worse. He even tried to pash me earlier." Nigel joked and Jenna made her way inside the veterinarians quarters to find something to eat and ask around about parts.