-10-

Waking up after a long night's rest I faintly hear beeping. Opening my eyes I see white everywhere, groaning I sit up to get a better look at where I am. Looking around I see Dustin curled up asleep next to me. Smiling I place my hand on him as I realize I am at a hospital. For some reason, I could not remember what happened before this moment right now.

"Dust," I shake the young boy beside me.

His once tired face comes to life when he sees that I am awake. Smiling he brings me into a hug, a very tight hug. "How are you feeling?" he asks.

"Honestly, better," I shrug. "I feel better."

He quickly gets up from the bed and runs to the door, leaving me alone. It felt odd being in a hospital room all alone, felt creepy in my opinion. Why am I here exactly? Turning my head back at the door I hear a faint knock, "Hey kid."

"Hi Joyce," I smile at the small woman in the doorway, Dustin following close behind her.

She finds a seat in a chair next to me with three boys trailing behind her. Two boys that I know of are Jonathan and Will, the other one being Dustin. Smiling I look at them, finally remembering what the last thing was that I was involved in. "So we won?"

"We did win," Joyce smiles.

"But you lost a fight against Billy," Dustin reminds me. "It was still awesome to watch though."

"Eleven said she wishes she could help heal you, but she is too weak to even get out of bed."

"Not a problem, she deserves all the rest in the world. How are you doing Will, we never really got to formally meet."

"Don't worry," Will laughs. "I heard all of your stories from Dustin and Lucus. I'm doing fine now with that thing out of me, I feel so much better."

"I'm glad to hear that."

"You know," Joyce says grabbing my hand. "You did pretty good kid. Protecting the kids. I hope you stick around in this town because those kids need you. Me as a parent need you, I trust you (Y/n). You almost died trying to protect those kids, and I just wanted to say how much I appreciate it."

I squeeze her hand, "I wouldn't leave this town, why are you acting like I am. I love everyone here and would not want to leave them behind."

"Good, those kids basically worship you know." She whispered that which made it so much funnier. "Well, we should get going, back to school for these kids, come on Dustin. Your mom asked me to drive you to school."

"Yes Mrs. Byers," Dustin sighed, getting up and sadly leaving. "I'll come to visit you later (Y/n)!"

"But I am staying," Jonathan takes his seat where his mom was sitting. "I was thinking we could get you out of this place and get some real food. If that is okay with you, you shouldn't be alone now that you are awake."

"How long have I been out?" I ask.

"Well....."

"Jonathan, please."

"All I will say is a while. The doctors wanted to make sure there was no brain damage and put you in a deeper sleep. I don't know all the details, too many hard doctor words."

The doctor knocks before entering, a smile on her lips as she sees that I was awake. She shoos Jonathan away before taking final tests on me and helping me change into new street clothes. Stretching I get a few kinks out of my neck as the nurse grabs Jonathan. My legs felt numb once I was back on my feet, probably because it has been a while since I have used them.

"I got you," Jonathan says, grabbing my arm. "Don't need to send you back to the hospital when we just got you out."

Walking to Jonathans' car was a giggle session, only because every so often my legs would fail on me. A few people gave us the stink eye but I honestly did not care. Being asleep for a while was a party pooper, these people have got to live a little. Life is a valuable thing to hold.