-7-

Will's house was nice, felt safe, and secluded kinda out of town. Inside though, that was a mess. There were drawings everywhere; on the walls and on the ceilings. Lucus said that it was to resemble the vines from the upside-down. Dustin said that the upside-down is where the Demogorgons live. Yeah, there are a lot of things that I still don't have any idea about.

Will was inside the house when I got there, sleeping as the chief put it. Poor kid is infected with a mind flare, which is causing him a lot of things to deal with. From all the puzzle pieces that I am trying to figure out, it sounds like everyone is trying to find a way to get the mind flare out of the kid.

Jonathan was curled up with his brother, whispering to him as the rest of us were in the kitchen brainstorming. Everyone bickered while I just watched the two brothers. Seems like Jonathan cares for his brother deeply. I don't know what they are going through personally but I want to make sure there is something that I can do to help make it better. Sure I am still an outsider but that could be handy sometimes.

"We can't just sit here while those things are loose," Mike's voice caught me off guard.

"Stay here," Hopper threatens. "And we wait for help."

Hopper walks away from the group, leaving Steve and me with the rest of the kids. My hand reaches to Mike, letting him know that I am here for him. Out of instinct, he reaches for my hand, gripping it like a child that is lost and scared. He just holds it like it's the only thing in the world that he can do, and I don't stop him. Even if my arm was about to fall asleep.

Everything was silent again, not an eerie silence either. It was more like we don't know what is going to go wrong next silence. Mike still was holding my hand while he stared at the phone, wanting help to call and to give us updates. Dustin and Lucus were in the corner just staring away while Max had her head down. Once in a great while, Steve would check up on everyone else in the house.

"We can't stop those demo-dogs on our own," Dustin says coming up to the group.

"Demo-Dogs?" Max says, picking her head up.

"Demogorgons, dogs," He makes a phasing motion with his hands as he stares at the young girl. "Demo-dogs. It is like a compound. You see-"

"Okay."

"There is an army now," Lucus states the obvious.

Dustin nods at his friend, "Precisely."

"His army," Mike says, dropping my hand.

"Huh?" Steve walks up to the circle we formed.

"His army, maybe if we stop him we can stop his army too."

"Whos' army," I am so lost.

Dustin smacks his head, "The Demogorgon (Y/n), catch up, please. You know what, I don't care. Just try to follow along, please. Or just act like you understand what I am trying to say."

I smack his head as Mike runs off somewhere. Dustin whines a little before Mike comes back to us with a paper in his hands, looks like a drawing of some sort. Like a creature overlooking and storming over a city. Scary. The mind flare?

"The shadow monster," Dustin looks at the drawing.

Mike takes it back from Dustin as he says, "It got Will the day on the field when we first saw (Y/n). The doctor said that it was a virus or like an infection."

"So this infection," Max starts. "It is connected to the tunnel?"

"To the tunnel, the monsters, the upside-down."

"Woah," Steve stops the kids. "Slow down please."

"The shadow monster is inside everything. If the vines feel pain then so does Will."