Prologue

Luke groaned, throwing his head back down the bed. The alarm blared loudly signalling that the Devil was waiting for him.

His first day of Junior year. In a brand new school. Sure, he had made lots of friends over the summer, but it was going to be difficult getting adjusted. Luke sat up, running his eyes. The bus would be there in fifteen minutes, and seeing as he didn't have a car yet, Luke didn't want to walk to school. As he slipped on a pair of ripped black skinny jeans. A deep voice roared up the stairs.

"LUKE?!?! ARE YOU UP YET, GODDAMMIT?!" Luke's dad wasn't the friendliest of people, but it was something Luke grew accostumed to. His dad was a traditional parent, wanting his son to work, meet a nice girl, have children, and end up dead at seventy-five. Just like everyone else.

But that wasn't the case with Luke. He was gay, but he never dared to try and tell his father. It would result in his own death. Luke sighed, pulling a black t-shirt over his head, along with putting on a red and black flannel and his wishbone necklace and his bracelets. He walked over to the stairs.

"I'm up father." He answered politely, going to brush his teeth, but his dad stopped him. He suprisingly looked kind for once.

"I know you're nervous about today, but you made friends at the arcade over the summer. It'll be a nice change."