He's A Fighter.

"Where are you guys going?" Finney asked Robin, Gwen and I as we turned n the opposite direction of Finney when walking home. "It's Friday, I'm staying at Susie's." Gwen told him. "Oh right. And you?" He asked pointing at me. "Um..I'm staying at Robin's tonight. His mom gets home in a day so this is the last time we can do this for a little while." "Ok. Sounds good. Both of you..be safe. I'm talking about you lovebirds." Finney told us walking in the other direction. "Will do!" I yelled back saluting him.

"See you in the morning Gwenny. Meet me at Robin's house he'll walk us home in the morning. Love you." I told her, giving her a big hug. "Ok! Love you too! Bye Robin!" She yelled, walking away.

When we got to Robins I threw my bag on his couch and sat down. "Man, I am tired." I said as I dramatically fell over making him laugh. "You're so dramatic Mila! Wanna watch a movie?" Robin asked. "Sure! I'll find something that's on. You're in charge of snacks!" I told him.

It had been about 5 minutes and Robin returned to the living room and laid down on the couch in between my legs, resting his head on my stomach. I started playing with his hair he fell asleep. I watched the movie for a little while when we heard a loud knock on the door.

Robin jumped up from me and gave me a puzzled look. "My mom's not supposed to be home..?" And that's when whoever was behind the door started banging harder and at this point slapping the door. "Mila! Robin! Open the door! Please!!!!" I heard Gwenny yell from behind the door.

"It's Gwenny. Open it." Robin looked at me for a bit before I interrupted the silence. "NOW!!!" I shouted at him. He opened the door and Gwen barged in out of breath with her hands on her knees. "I ran all the way from Susie's! It's Finney! Daddy says he didn't make it home!! He called Susie's phone and told me to get you! We need to go home now!."

I felt the biggest pit in my stomach as I said "Holy shit." "Robin I'm sorry I gotta go! I'll call you first thing tomorrow and tell you everything!" I reassured I'm before giving him a quick kiss and the door my sister and I were. We both ran faster than we ever have before. When we got home there was police cars everywhere. The first thing that came to m mind was The Grabber. No way. No way in hell did The Grabber take our Finney.

"We found black balloons at the scene where we found your sons school bag." Detective Wright said. That was the first sentence Gwen and I heard as we rushed through the door. We both broke out in sobs. All of the boys who were supposedly taken by The Grabber were never seen again. And I had a gut feeling if they were....it would be in a way they didn't wanna find them.

Gwenny and I had shared a room, due to how small our house was, and even though we had separate twin beds, that night we slept in the same bed.

I woke up that morning, and like I told Robin, I called him. "Hello?" I heard Robin say through the phone, in a raspy morning voice. "Hey..Robin.." I said beginning to cry. "Hermosa? Mila what is it?!" Robin responded. I could hear his voice shoot up so I knew he was paying deep attention. And not faking it like he does at school. "It's Finney. He-..." I couldn't even finish my sentence without starting cry even more. "Babe...why don't you just come over." He offered. I took up the offer. My dad had to run into work that morning anyways. "Yeah....can I bring Gwenny though? My dad had to go to work and I can't leave her by herself here and I don't wanna take her to a friends. I just don't want to leave her side." I told him. I couldn't leave Gwenny by herself anywhere now. I couldn't lose her either. "Of course. I'll see you in a bit." He told me and then I heard the line click.

We made our way to Robin's, watching our surroundings at all times. And for that stupid black van. With those stupid black balloons. The one that took my brother. My sweet brother who wouldn't heard a damn fly.

I knocked on the door and patiently waited for Robin to open it. He opened looking like a hot mess. His hair was everywhere, he had no shirt on, just sweatpants and socks.

"Aye...come here Mila." He said pulling me into a deep hug, causing me to break down once more. "Hey Gwenny." He greeted her in a sympathetic tone. "Why don't you go watch some cartoons in the living room. I'm gonna talk to Robin in his room." I told my little sister and she just nodded.

Once we got to his room we both sat on the edge of his bed and he immediately grabbed both of my hands. "You can tell me anything. What happened to your brother?" He questioned me. "The grabber. He took him. Ther- There was b-black balloons where they found his bag. I jus-" I was interrupted by my own cries and being pulled into my boyfriends chest. "It's ok babe. Everything's gonna be okay. I promise you. They'll  find him. Plus.." He said pulling me away and looking deep into my eyes.

"He's a fighter. He'll get out of whatever the world brings him." He calmly reassured me. "I know. I just really hope wherever he is...he's safe." I told Robin. "I'm sure he is." He told me, bringing me into a hug once again.
We stayed at Robin's the rest of the day. I called our dad and told him we went to a friends. He was too focused on Finney and his damn vodka he didn't care, thankfully. It just felt good to stay somewhere where we felt completely safe and to just lay on the couch will my two favorite people in the world watching movies felt great. The only thing missing was Finney.