Chapter Twenty-Two: Who is She?

Steven used water magic to put the man on the bed to sleep. He watched as the man's breathing slowly came to a stop.

Loki's eyes stayed on the woman before him. His glare unchanging. "I see you are still the same as ever, Angelica Thorn." Angelica leaned against the bed and side eyed the corpse. "You just had to put him to sleep. You know how much I love watching them take their last breath under me. You were always such a Debby downer." She pouted her lip to seem cute but Loki ignored it.

"You're coming with us. We have some questions for you." Angel smiled and stood up as if she was going to leave the room naked but Steven stopped her. "Please change into this." It was a new pair of pants and a shirt. She picked up the shirt like it was a filthy rag. "You're kidding right?"

Steven shook his head no. She sighed and grabbed the clothes. Without any shame she dropped the cloak and started dressing herself. Steven looked up to Loki frantically. "Is she always like this?" Loki nodded, his face cold as ice.

•••

"Oh I haven't been here in years! The same old boring furniture and decor. Don't you have a fiancé? Why hasn't she brightened up the place yet?" Loki just kept walking. Then entered his office and he pointed to the couch as a silent order for her to sit down. Angelica gladly obliged and made herself comfortable.

"So where is the little Princess Poppy anyway? I wonder how she would feel knowing her beloved fiancé snuck in a woman in the middle of the night." Loki's eyes shined blue in the moonlight. "Keep my fiancés name out of your mouth." Angelica's blinked. She quickly regained her composure and put on her normal seductive smile. "Oh Loki! Don't tell me you love that little girl?" She snickered. Steven sneered at the villainess woman in front of him. He too wasn't pleased with the woman speaking about Poppy.

"Remember when you thought you loved me? You were such a cute little boy. Following me around like a lost puppy." She laid sideways on the couch. Steven wasn't with the Duke during the time that Angelica had stayed at the manor. But he knew enough to know that she was the reason for the fall of the Frost dukedom.

"Cut the crap Angelica. Are you the cause of all these monster attacks? I know how your siren enchantment works. All living things obey your song. People, animals, even plants. This also includes monsters. You are the last living siren." Steven's eyes widened. He had thought that Sirens were eradicated thousands of years ago. 'Is she that old?'

Angelica glared at Steven, as if reading his mind. "I will have you know I am twenty two. I was an egg for a couple thousand years at the bottom of the ocean." 'So she is a thousand years old.' Angelica's glare intensified. "Can you read my mind or something." She scoffed, "who is this little boy anyways? Don't tell me he is your friend. We both know you don't have any of those." Steven frowned, "my name is Steven River. I am the Dukes assistant and only friend."

Steven smiled at Loki who seemed a little happy with the statement. Angelica rolled her eyes, "he is your friend yet he seems to know nothing about me?" Steven grinned, "he never talks about you actually. Actually, wait, what was your name again?" Angelica's eyes filled with rage.

Of course Steven knew her name, he just liked pushing her buttons. Loki rolled back laughing at Angelica's reaction. "I am Angelica Throne! And I used to be his fiancé!" Steven acted like he didn't believe her which sent her into a deeper fit of rage.

"You were Loki's fiance," a soft and tired voice asked from the door. Everyone froze in place. As if they were robots their heads turned ever so slowly to the doorway. "Poppy, you're awake?" Loki spoke in shock.

"Loki, who is she?" Poppy's voice was a bit more stern this time.