𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞: 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐲.

After an extra week of blood, sweat, and tears, Nix is right where he needs to be

After an extra week of blood, sweat, and tears, Nix is right where he needs to be. I don't think he's ready for the pressure of a mission, but he's definitely there physically and skill-wise.

I'm proud of him honestly. By now, all of my past guards are either dead or quitting.

"You ready?" Nix asks when he pokes his head into my room.

My whole family has decided to have a pool day. It's the first day of June which means Elio is finally finished with school... Which also means it's the first day of summer. It's tradition for us to have a pool day for the start of summer.

"Yeah," I tell him as I look at myself in the mirror one last time before grabbing a pair of sunglasses and walking out of my room.

"You look good in pink," he compliments, referring to my hot pink bathing suit.

"Thanks," I say as I take in the fact that he's shirtless. "Race you to the pool," I say before pushing him and running downstairs.

I hear his footsteps that are right behind me once I reach the bottom of the steps. I start making my way towards the kitchen until I trip and fall over his foot.

"You dick!" I yell as I stand up and run after him. He's laughing knowing that he's won. Once we reach the pool, he doesn't jump in and just stands there.

"Jump," he tells me.

"What?"

"Jump," he repeats and I look at him confused.

"No," I say a little skeptical.

"Why?" he asks.

"Why do you want me to jump?" I ask. "You tripped me so you could win... Now you want me to jump."

"I feel bad... You took a hard fall," he admits and I roll my eyes.

"Shut up-" I scream when I feel arms wrap around my waist. I look behind me to see Uncle Vinny with a mischievous grin on his face. I roll my eyes and groan.

"Rocky!!" I hear Lilah struggling until she comes into view.

They do this every time. Uncle Vinny comes for me, Uncle Rocky comes for Lilah, Uncle Markus, and Uncle Greyson come for Ezra, and my dad gets Elio.

They all, at the same time, throw us into the pool. I don't get why but they've done this since we were kids.

"Why do you guys still do this?" I hear Ezra complaining as he's finally given up on running away.

"Yeah, we're literally grown," Elio adds and we all look at him.

"You're 14..." I mention and he rolls his eyes. "We're grown," I say, talking about the actual legal adults.

"Please, you're all still children," my dad says.

"No," Ezra disagrees.

"If you live under this roof, you are still a child. Besides the guards," he says and I groan.