𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧: 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧.

It's been a few days since we've settled into our Italy estate

It's been a few days since we've settled into our Italy estate. Nix met my entire mom and dad side of the family and they were all pretty nice.

Well, except for my mom's side... We already know how the Italian side feels about the Mafia.

It's been nice the past few days at my dad's estate. I've especially missed Romeo and Izzy. They've been like older siblings to me and Ezra growing up and being away from them for the past few months have sucked.

I hear a knock on my door which causes me to grab my remote and pause the show I'm watching before telling them to come in.

"Ciao, amore mio," I hear my mom's voice as she opens the door.

[Hi, my love.]

"Ciao, mamma. Stai bene?" I ask as she smiles at me.

[Hi, mamma. You okay?]

"Sì, tesoro. Sto bene," she says and I nod.

[Yes, sweetheart. I'm okay.]

She's always had mixed feelings about coming to Italy because her side of the family judges her. They feel that she should've never allowed me and Ezra to end up in the Mafia and things like that but it's not their decision to make.

And I'm sure that if we didn't want to run the Mafia, our parents wouldn't force us.

"We haven't gone biking since we've been here and I wanted to spend some time with you and your brother's for a little bit," she says and I smile. "If you don't want to it's okay. I know you're watching a show right now-"

"No, mom. I want to go. Let me put on proper clothes and I'll be downstairs," I tell her.

"Okay. I'll fill up your water while I'm down there," she says and I nod as I get out of bed.

"Thank you," I say and she smiles before closing the door.

I take a deep breath before walking into my closet and pulling out my sports bra and shorts set. I also grabbed a white zip-up because it's slightly chilly out.

Even though, I know I'll end it wrapping it around my waist because I'll eventually get all hot and sweaty.

I walk into my bathroom to pee before changing and of course, I notice there's a little more discharge than normal... Meaning I will be starting my period soon.

Great.

Once I'm finished peeing, I stand up and flush the toilet. I take a deep breath before changing my clothes and throwing my hair into a low ponytail. I put on a pair of sneakers and then grab my phone before making my way out of my room. I stop by Nix's room before heading downstairs.

I knock on the door and wait a second before he opens it.

And lord have mercy, I literally stopped breathing for a second.