𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝.

"Do you think this is cute or too slutty?" Lilah asks as she holds up a mini skirt that would send a victorian child into septic shock

It's family dinner day and all of us were feeling a bit anxious so we decided to go thrifting.

"You could never be too slutty," I smile and she laughs.

"Too slutty," Ezra adds his input as he crosses his arms with an annoyed expression on his face.

He's been ready to go since we stepped into the thrift store.

To be fair, this is the fourth thrift store we've entered.

"That's funny coming from the slut himself," I say and he rolls his eyes.

"Whatever," he sighs.

"Alright, go pay for whatever you have in your hands because we need to get going," Nix says and I look at my phone to see it's 5:30.

Dinner starts at 6.

Lilah and I go and pay for our things and then we all head to the car. Ezra fought me for the front seat but in the end, I won... Of course.

"You know, if you would've just driven with your guard you would've gotten front seat," I tell him and he shakes his head.

"No, he makes us sit in the back," he groans. "He says it's unprofessional for us to sit in the front seat."

"Salvatore lets us sit in the front seat... Why do all of these other guards not act like him?" Lilah adds and I shrug.

"Because Salvatore is like y'all's grandfather," Nix explains.

"Yeah but it would be nice to be friends with my guard," Ezra adds. "Kind of like you and Em."

"Friends," Lilah sarcastically mumbles before laughing to herself which causes the whole car to fall silent.

"Anyway, who are you most nervous to see tonight?" Nix switches the conversation and I feel like I can finally breathe.

"Nonna," I admit. "Only because she always has something to say about my outfit."

Right now, I'm wearing a black cropped shirt and a mini jean skirt. She usually doesn't care about my stomach showing but she always has something to say if my ass or my boobs are "hanging out."

"I'm scared to see Uncle Vinny," Ezra admits and I laugh.

"Why?"

"I owe him like 40 bucks and I'm hoping he doesn't remember because it'll be my last little bit of cash," he says which makes me laugh even harder.

"I love Uncle Vinny," Lilah sighs and everyone falls silent...

Once again.

She's been in love with my uncle since she could gain a crush on a human being. Every time she's around she's looking at him with goggly eyes. She's like borderline obsessed.