4- Palutena

Corrin

It's another bad Monday morning. I was sitting in my 2nd period creative writing class, trying not to fall asleep. The only person in this class I know is that girl Peach, who's friends with Lucina's friends. But I don't really know her. Of course she seems nice and all, but I'm not sure if I should go talk to her.

If I do go talk to her, she's probably gonna wonder why I'm talking to her, because we don't know each other too well, and it would be weird that I'd go talk to her rather than anyone else. Also, if I do decide to talk to her, I won't know what to say, because I don't really know her, and she'll just get bored and think I'm boring.

However, if I don't talk to her, she'll wonder why I'm not talking to her, because we do know each other, just not that well. She'll think I'm being rude, and don't want to talk to her. She'd probably feel self-conscious for the rest of the day, and I'd hate to make her feel like that.

"Hey Corrin!" Peach exclaimed, "What's up?"

Great, now I have to talk. Nothing against Peach, she's a nice girl, but I don't know what to talk to her about.

"Oh, nothing much, uh... y'know... Mondays."

"Ugh, I know, right? But school's not so bad."

"Finally someone agrees! Everyone acts like school is like prison or something, but is it really?"

"Exactly, like, I see where they're coming from, but I think they're just over exaggerating."

"Heh, yeah."

Ew gross. Who responds to 'what's up?' with 'y'know... Mondays'? I sound like a... middle-aged dad talking to his neighbor while they're both simultaneously mowing the lawn! Very specific, I know, but it's accurate.

Anyways, after that, we didn't talk too much and just got right back to our work.

Peach and I talked a bit at the end of class, but like, not much. As I walked to my next class, I didn't realize that we both have to walk the same direction. So I started walking and saw her in my peripheral view. She probably thinks I'm rude now, because I didn't walk with her. But I couldn't stop and wait for her, because I'd get mauled by the large crowd walking down the hall. I mean, I don't want to talk anyway, but I also don't want to come off as rude.

I've already had enough awkward social interactions for the day, and it's only 9:30.

————————————

Ah lunch, the time of day where I get to hang out with a bunch of people who probably see me as an inconvenience. Especially that Marth. I feel like he just sees the whole group as a burden. He never seems to be happy with anyone and is always annoyed. Maybe it's just an act to add more dynamic to the friend group, but who knows.

Lucina is pretty cool, of course, duh, but at first I felt like she felt obligated to talk to me.

Link and Zelda seem to be pretty nice, but then again, those two have probably only said five words to me. They really couldn't be bothered and don't seem to try to talk to me.

Peach is a sweetheart, I mean, she talks to me quite a bit, and I really like that. I just wish I knew how to talk to her. Maybe she's just trying to be friendly and isn't too interested, but she seems pretty genuine.

And Roy, well he's really nice to me. He honestly seems like he talks to me because he actually wants to, and not because he feels like he has to- like the others. It's nice. After that awkward encounter we had on the first day of school, you'd assume he'd not really want to talk to me, but it's the opposite. He's someone I can see myself hanging out with. The world needs more Roys.