Temptation

The gang glided through the air, swiftly and softly. Snotlout and Fishlegs joined in after Astrid invited them. They were headed to the Dragon Academy to get back on track to a new lesson Hiccup had been waited anxiously to teach them. How to speak Dragonese. He discovered by beginning to ask Toothless different questions. Soon enough, he learned that there were certain sounds for 'yes' and 'no'. Afterwards, he became a master at it, not telling the group until recently. And, for some odd reason, after awhile the dragons sounded as if they were talking his language, the language that all the Vikings new.

Even though Hiccup was still friends with his group, he still was unsure of how they would think of him. It was like the more dragon-like he became, the more difficult it was to keep the gang - mostly the twins and Snotlout - to focus. And now with those new physical characteristics, his unlikely dream became a slight reality.

The dragons, however, liked the idea of Hiccup being part Night Fury. It was interesting to see, and of what he could do. It made Hiccup's unique personality match with his appearance.

"How does it feel?" Asked Stormfly, flying beside Hiccup and Toothless. Astrid looked at them as they made eye contact.
"It's... Complicated, to be honest," Hiccup replied. And to conclude it, he really wasn't sure that he should have answered that question near Astrid.

"Are you talking to her?" Astrid asked him as she noticed that it looked like he was having a conversation. Hiccup looked up, forgetting that she couldn't understand.

"Yeah... You'll understand eventually,"

"Well what did she say?" They neared the Academy.

"Hey, look! It's the Dragon Academy. Wow, that took a long time, hey bud?" Hiccup tried to sound innocent and happy, yet surprised at the same time. Astrid rolled her eyes without him noticing, as he avoided her question.

Toothless jolted in front of the group, landing in the Academy before the rest.
"I have a feeling you'll become faster," Toothless said, giving a small, gummy smile at Hiccup. Hiccup nodded, unsure of what to say back, but in his mind, he doubted the statement. He unhooked his mechanical foot from the steering saddle, and walked to the others which had just landed steadily. His tail dragged behind him, feeling the coldness of the ground, the small rocks that his tail dragged pass. The tips of his wings flooded near his feet, everything was so connected. The Vikings stared.
"Okay, this isn't fair." Snotlout said. Everyone looked at the stern teenage boy, who had a snobby looking face.
"What are we talking about.. Again?"Fishlegs asked suspiciously. He looked at Hiccup, the dragon boy. He smiled, slightly frightened by Hiccup's new appearance. Fishlegs had visited him often when he was in the state of what he was now, but never when he was awake. Fishlegs walked up to Hiccup, looking at him in curiosity.
"How does it feel-" he started. "That's the exact thing Stormfly said to me-" Hiccup began, annoyed.
"Oh, so that's what she said to you-" Astrid left off. "How do you know for sure?" Fishlegs went back to the group, and stood beside Meatlug.
"That is what I am going to teach today. You are going to ask some simple questions to your dragons, yes or no questions. I've asked them to respond to every question you ask them, and every question that they answer will have a certain sound to it, a simple yes or no sound."
"When did you ask them? I never saw you ask my dragon." Tuffnut said. "It's my dragon!" Ruffnut fought back, and she punched Tuffnut hard in the face.
"Just do it please." Hiccup said, but the twins kept fighting. Snotlout began to cheer them on.
"Oh, will you all please-" but he was cut off when his hands had started to feel tingly, and a warm sensation clouded his speech. Next thing he new, a plasma blast broke out and shot the ground as he pointed them at it. Everyone's attention was on Hiccup, faces in shock.

"Hiccup... Was that you?" Astrid asked, brows furrowed.
"I... I don't know, but my hands, they feel weird."
He touched them like he had hurt them, caressing the warm and slightly vibrating feeling. Astros came up to hold one.
"They're shaking... Really fast," she said, looking down then up. Hiccup looked back at the small crowd of Vikings, who looked almost as terrified as he did. Hiccup's eyes started to water, and he needed to get out of the Academy. He latched onto Toothless, and they both flew away. Astrid mounted her dragon, but before she could leave, Snotlout said something to her.
"Don't." Which was one- and the only wisest thing he had ever said in front of anyone, even himself.