Chapter 7: Our First Reunion

Yurina fell into a routine. Monday lectures and Friday discussions. They covered many things. Fame, other examples of the infamous "trolley problem", hero dress-code (is there one, or no?), heros' lives (how public should they be?), among many things.

Meanwhile, reporters still swarmed the outside area of U.A, however Principal Nezu's high-tech security system, including a wonderful barrier, affectionately dubbed the "U.A Barrier", kept the nosy little bastards out.

Yurina made progress as the weeks went by. She focused on listening to her students, seeing their insights, and reflecting on her own life. What was a hero in her eyes? Yurina was trying to create herself a new life within her old one. She often spoke with Recovery Girl, as they had offices right next to each other. They would each lunch together, talk about Yurina's time at U.A, show each other new techniques and ideas. Even if Yurina was a pro-hero, she still took the time to learn from her old mentor.

Everything was going smoothly.

Too smoothly, perhaps.

It was a Tuesday, during lunch. Yurina finished up her chat with Recovery Girl, packing up the lunch that Nemuri had pushed into her hands early that morning. She had no classes that day, just a short appointment with a third-year student later that afternoon. Just as she stepped into her office, she heard a siren go off all throughout the building. Yurina promptly turned around, flinging her door open. Recovery Girl was already stepping out of her office.

"What's going on?"

"Someone's infiltrated U.A." Recovery Girl said, already walking down the hall. "Our Principal won't be happy." Yurina jogged after her to catch up.

"Pretty impressive, considering the amount of time Principal Nezu has put into keeping this place secure."

Yurina and Recovery Girl made it outside. The press was still outside the gates, squabbling as usual, but Yurina saw a few teachers walking towards the back gate of the school. As they rounded the corner, a chill ran down Yurina's back. The gate had been demolished –half of it at least –crumbled to dust, no remains of the rubble and metal, just fine... dust. Yurina neared the wreckage. Principal Nezu stood at the front, hands behind his back.

"Someone instigated this." He said, his voice quiet. But Yurina felt the venom in is words. "I wonder," Nezu continued, "If this is some... declaration of war?"

"No ordinary reporter could have done this." Aizawa said, "It's possible this means something more."

Yurina stepped closer to the wreckage, staring at the disintegrated remains of the gate. She knelt down, running a hand along the dust. It stained her fingers, like grey ash. She balled some up in her hands, letting it fall into a small pile. The movement was familiar.

The envelope.

The note.

Yurina watched as the rest of the dust fell out of her hands, covering her palm in dust.

"Alchemi." Nezu's voice was right next to her. "Have you found anything?"

"...It's just dust." Yurina said after a pause. "Though, I'm wondering... If this... individual was powerful enough to disintegrate your barrier, what else could they destroy?"

~~~

"You what?"

"I received a letter with my old name on it." Yurina calmly said again. She was with Nemuri back at home, eating takeout that Hizashi had brought. Him and Aizawa sat with them, listening intently.