Chapter 10: Final Exam Week

*cue cliché news station sounds*

"Well, well, well Kyoko-san! It seems that a new anti-hero vigilante has risen from the ashes!"

"Ha-ha Sato-san, I wouldn't sound so chipper about this news!"

"Indeed, indeed, especially since Hero-Killer Stain has been on a pretty high killing spree lately. Only a few lucky heroes were able to get away with just being injured."

"Badly injured, might I add."

"Ha-Ha! Right you are, Kyoko-san. But let's continue on."

"Yes of course! There's a viral video of a seemingly passionate speech that Stain made, just moments before he passed out and was sent to the hospital. It's the latest topic on everyone's mind! I mean, can you believe the things he said? Really riveting-"

Yurina flicked off the TV in annoyance. Stain was a natural born martyr. Ever since the video hit the web, it was the topic falling off of everyone's lips. Even if the heroes managed to bag Stain, it was a win for the villains. What was a true hero? The idealistic hero image had been flawed time and time again. Yurina could feel it's descent even now as she sat in her office, planning out the next assignment for her kids.

Yurina clicked through her computer, switching between the hero news website and her class plan document. She clicked her tongue, locking her computer before leaning in her chair. She was too distracted. Stain's words were everywhere, and they echoed in her head.

The funny thing was, he wasn't even part of the League of Villains. But he carried the message of their organization well, even if he didn't want anything to do with a band of merry thugs. Yurina picked up her phone and read through a news column detailing the life of Stain, also known as Chizome Akaguro.

"Hero, should not be a title given to those seeking reward and recompense." Yurina read out loud, "But one earned through tireless self-sacrifice. The heroes of this era are pretenders who misrepresent themselves. Only through a relentless purge, can society be made aware of this truth."

Yurina sighed, clicking out of the article. "A sound message," she said, "But terrible execution."

Yurina checked the time. She was just 15 minutes away from her usual Monday lecture. But, before she could She slipped on her mask, grabbing a binder in her hands before heading to class 1-A.

~~~

It had been over a week since the Stain incident. Since then, Yurina had watched the students of class 1-A improve on their skills. Their work studies proved to be useful in their growing days as a hero. But Yurina noticed a sudden decline in everyone's mood once the month of June continued. Today was no different.

Yurina opened the door of the classroom. Some students were lounging around together, others at their desk, pouring over notes and studying, others sleeping, and some seemingly panicked, hovering over their desks near tears.

Ah, final exams.

"Good afternoon, everyone." Yurina said, setting her stuff down. A very defalted, "Good afternoon Alchemi-sensei" graced her ears as she held back a laugh.

"I see everyone is well rested." she said, pulling out graded papers to pass back. "Final exams stressing you out?"

Kaminari perked up from his desk, looking rather dejected, "I haven't started at all!" he exclaimed mournfully, "With the sports festival and the work study, it slipped my mind completely!"