𝐢𝐢.

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐜𝐮𝐭 𝐛𝐲 𝐚 𝐟𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐩, 𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐬 𝐛𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐥𝐮𝐞 𝐬𝐤𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐥𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐞.

The Inevitable sailed through the ocean, on the hunt as its captain stood on the forecastle deck. Behind him was a large crew, all eager to be part of the action as the ship's name was plastered on its back.

"All hands on deck!"

A woman yelled over the waves' noise, accompanied by a bell ringing.

"All together now!" A fiery-haired, red-headed woman yelled out instructions as she walked along the main deck, a stern face on as crew members were scattered across, preparing for the hunt.

"Heave away!"

A man walked out onto the main deck, wrapping bandages around his hands, tugging on them as he made sure they were tight enough. His boots clicked against the ship's wooden boards, the male pulling his belt and sash before a bannister and climbing onto the shrouds.

He climbed his way up to the crow's nest where a woman stood, her spyglass in her hands as it was aimed out at the sea. The male's light brown hair flowed with the wind, the woman beside him, Fen, smiling to herself.

"Where'd you see The male asked, pulling his own spyglass out with an excited grin.

"Dead ahead, Jacob," Fen smiled back, pulling her spyglass away from her eyes.

Jacob looked through the spyglass, seeing nothing out in the ocean but waves, and seagulls hovering over a single patch in the sea.

"Huh," Jacob pulled his spyglass away, smiling over at Fen. "Are you sure?"

"Aye," Fen responded confidently. "A red tail. Biggest I ever saw. Just under the surface."

Fen looked back out in the ocean with a grin, Jacob looked out at the ocean before looking back at Fen once more, compacting his spyglass before smiling.

"Then today is the day."

He hopped off the crow's nest and slid down a piece of rope, landing with a 'thud' on the main deck. Jacob then ran up the stairs that led to the forecastle deck, towards the captain in excitement.

"It's the Red Bluster," Captain Crow rasped out, his eye focused on the open ocean as an eyepatch sat on the other. A scar ran across, under the patch as the Captain's dark cloak billowed with the wind.

"I know it in me bones. See there!" Crow pointed out to the seagulls up ahead. "Birds follow it."

"We come all this way for a proper fight," Jacob kept his gaze trained on the birds.

"And we'll get it, me boy," Crow turned to Jacob. "It's been 30 years since that thing took me deadlight. Now I'll have me revenge."

Crow placed his hand on Jacob's shoulder, the younger man smiling back at the Captain before turning away to face the ocean again.