𝐱𝐢𝐯.

𝐒𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐤 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐢𝐝𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐬𝐤𝐲, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐈𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐠𝐠𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐥𝐨𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐬 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐢𝐫.

Its sails were torn and creaked as it moved, the crew hammering as they worked by candlelight to fix whatever they could on the wrecked ship, hammering sounds heard from all over.

Crow sat on one edge of the ship's bow, staring resentfully out at the ocean as he sharpened his spear, the metal's scraping sharp as it sliced through the silence the crew held as they feared the captain's temper.

"Captain," Sarah called out, walking towards Crow. "The beast is gone. We can't stay out here."

"That thing took Jacob," Crow muttered softly, Sarah looking at him in pity as she understood his grief.

"And I want it dead same as you," Sarah frowned, her voice wavering. "But we'll founder if we don't get to port."

Crow glanced back at Sarah before nodding sadly, standing up as she lead him to the hull of the ship, lantern breaking through the darkness of the fog. As soon as she had gone down the ship's steps, the water levels reached her waist as she waded through it.

"She's making more water than we can pump out," Sarah said, the crew members, using buckets to pour water out as others moved items around to patch up the ruins.

"If we stay out here much longer, we'll be sunk," She continued as Crow looked around, inspecting the damages, seeing others work hard to stay afloat.

"Shape a course for Mukesh Island," He looked behind at Sarah, the second-in-command's eyes widening ever so slightly.

The others gasped softly, halting their work as they let out noises of confusion and horror, Sarah shaking her head with a frown.

"But the closest port is–"

"Mukesh!" Crow snapped, interrupting Sarah. "It'll be Mukesh by thunder, or the ocean floor."

Crow treaded through the water, storming past Sarah as the crew watched him in disbelief, Old Nick speaking up as he watched the captain nervously.

"Would you be planning a visit to Gwen Batterbie, by any chance?" Nick asked cautiously.

Crow halted in his steps, looking back at Nick with a frown, saying nothing before he whipped around, about to storm up the steps.

"Captain, her wares come at too steep a price!" Sarah warned him. "To make covenant with the likes of her is against the hunter's code!"

"Blast whatever code would bar me my revenge!" Crow snapped, yelling at Sarah. "There be no charter over me own! I'll use Batterbie's methods. I'll do whatever it takes! I'd cleave the very sea and destroy everything that swims, scuttles, or bobs if I have to!"

Crow raised his voice at Sarah once more as she flinched ever so slightly, the woman trying her best to stay stoic.

"But I'll have vengeance," Crow growled before turning towards the steps once more.