Chapter 9: The Library

Peter, Alison, and Kai's POV

As the school day was going by Alison couldn't help but think about that creature. Her curiosity was getting the better of her. The one thing that Alison didn't want was for Anastasia to have to deal with whatever this is on her own. Alison doesn't know why Anastasia would go after this creature, but if she did Alison wanted Anastasia to be prepared for anything.

When the school day ended Alison walked up to Peter and Kai. "Do you guys want to go to the Library?" Alison asked and Kai and Peter had confused looks on their faces. "What do you need to do at the library?" Peter asked and Alison ignored his question for the moment. "Do you guys want to come with or not?" Alison asked just wanting a yes or a no. "Yeah, I'll go with," Peter replied.

"I'll go with you. If you don't mind me asking, why are you going to the library?" Kai asked Alison started to walk towards the exit of the school and the two guys followed her. "To do research on whatever Ana saw on Sunday. I mean, if there's been an animal like that in our woods there has to be something in a newspaper about it, right?" Alison asked.

"Hypothetically yes," Kai said and the three of them got into her car and they drove away from the school and towards the public library. "Ali, what are you thinking you are going to find?" Peter asked and Alison shrugged. "I don't know," Alison said and she pulled into the library parking lot. "All I'm trying to do is give Ana some peace of mind," Alison stated as she pulled into a parking spot.

They entered the library and walked up to the front desk. "How can I help you?" The front desk lady asked as Alison walked closer to the desk. "Hi, I was wondering if you had anything on unknown animals in the area?" Alison asked and the librarian gave Alison a weird look. "Well, that's an odd subject," the librarian said and Alison smiled. "School project," Alison explained and the woman returned the smile. "I see. It will be in aisle fifteen," the librarian said.

"Perfect. Thank you," Alison said and she and the other two walked towards aisle fifteen. They found the aisle and started to look through any books or newspapers they could find.

"Ali, could this be something?" Kai asked as he handed Alison a newspaper. She looked at it and read the heading of the story. "Cougar attacks?" Alison asked, mostly to herself than to anyone else around her. She skimmed through the article and she decided that they weren't related. "No, this isn't related," Alison said and as she was reading the details she was very intrigued by the story. "It's interesting, but it's not related," Alison stated.

Kai nodded and continued looking in another pile of newspaper articles. Everything they could find wasn't related and Alison was starting to feel hopeless. She couldn't find anything that could help Anastasia. She placed the newspaper she was looking at down and she picked up another. This one caught her attention. "Hey guys, I think I found something," Alison said.

The two guys walked over to her. "What is it?" Peter asked and Alison looked down and began to read the title of the article. "Multiple killings of mentally ill people in September of 2019. The police investigated these murders and they turned out to be animalistic murders. Like the ones going on here. Then later on in the article, they referenced another series of animalistic murders in 1982 that the police thought may be connected to these killings. There's not much information in this article but maybe if we find the other article from 1982 then maybe we will find something that could help," Alison said.

"1982 you said?" Kai asked and Alison nodded. "I saw an article about that not too long ago," Kai said as he started to sort through a pile of newspapers. "There were two. One was about animalistic murders and then another was a house fire," Kai said he found one of them and put it to the side, then continued to dig through the rest of the pile for another one. Once he found it he began to skim through it.