Chapter 15: The Massacre At The Institute

Anastasia, Peter, Alison, and Kai's POV

Anastasia closed and locked the door to the training room, trying to catch her breath. The more Anastasia breathed the more felt herself getting dizzy by the moment. "What is going on?" Alison asked in a loud voice as she was clearly panicking. The sound of the yelling just made Anastasia's head hurt worse. "Please don't yell," Anastasia said as she placed the heels of her palms into her temples and she squeezed her eyes shut, hoping it would help ease the pain, but it only made it worse.

"Please answer my question, Ana," Alison said in a lower voice than before. Anastasia moved her hands away from her head and she opened her eyes. "The institute is under attack by inter-dimensional animals," Anastasia said as she limped over to the weapon rack. "What?" Kai asked.

"You heard me," Anastasia said and she looked at the rack. "Do any of you know how to shoot a gun?" Anastasia asked as her brain was going through ideas of how to get out of the situation. "Kinda," Kai replied and Anastasia grabbed a handgun off of the rack. "Great," Anastasia said as she limped back over to her friends who were walking towards her. "I'm confused. Why does a mental health institution need training rooms and arsenals?" Kai asked and Anastasia handed him the gun she grabbed.

"Because it's not a mental health institution," Anastasia stated, and then breathing started to hurt. "What do you mean it's not a mental health institution?" Kai asked and Anastasia just stared at him. "It's not a mental health institution," Anastasia repeated trying to avoid eye contact. "Then what is it?" Peter asked and Anastasia had to think about how to describe what the place really is. "It is a training facility," Anastasia said.

"For what?" Alison asked and Anastasia started to realize that it was getting harder to breathe. "For children. Basically, they kidnap babies, then once they are able to walk they begin to train them in different combat styles," Anastasia said.

"Ana, you're bleeding," Alison said and Anastasia looked down at her side and saw that the area that the Uada clawed at was bleeding again. Anastasia lifted her shirt to get a better look and a diagonal cut from a knife could be seen across the scratches. "Oh my god, what happened?" Alison asked and Anastasia noticed that the scratches had gotten bigger. "I got cut," Anastasia said.

"No, the claw marks," Alison said and Anastasia was beginning to get drowsy. "Oh, that's from the tall thing out there," Anastasia said as she lowered her shirt. The sound of claws hitting the tile floor outside the training room door caught their attention. Then the hallway went completely silent. The only sound that could be heard was a drop of blood falling onto the floor. Anastasia saw the emergency exit across the room. "Emergency exit," Anastasia said as the loud ear-piercing noise of nails being dragged down the metal door could be heard. "Let's go!" Anastasia yelled as she noticed none of her friends were moving.

They quickly ran towards the emergency exit and Anastasia was trailing behind due to her ankle. Peter held the door open for everyone to come through and as the emergency door closed, the sound of the other one breaking could be heard. All four of them began to run down the stairs as fast as possible. With the railings, Anastasia could actually keep up with her friends.

The door that led to the training room slammed open and the sounds of clawed feet could be heard running down the stairs. The four of them quickened the pace down the stairs as the sounds were getting closer and closer. They got to the first floor and Alison tried to get the door open, but it wouldn't open. Four Canis appeared on the platform above the last staircase. "Ali, it would be really nice if you could open that door," Peter said and more Canis joined the four. "The doors stuck!" Alison said as she used all of her body weight to try and get the door to open.