Lend me your ear

" The thing is....", you start saying.

" Just a minute", she adjusts her chair, puts her arms on the table and her face on her palm to look at you sincerely.

"This won't help! It isn't sincere at all", you say being pissed.

" This helps me to listen well and speak less...", she explains.

" Ok, then.... I was about 16 when I got admitted in my high school first year. It went well, I always ranked among top 3. In the second year, An Iseul got transferred to my class. Though I was quite popular, but I had no bestie then and thought that she could be one,as she appeared so benevolent and smart......"

"Who is An Iseul?", she cuts.

" The one we're here to talk about", you say.

"Ok, go ahead", she says.

" Ok, little did I know, that she would change my life. She was quite popular on social media but was always considered my sidekick at school. She might have not liked it. I didn't like it too, seeing her having insecurities. One day, she asked me at my face that why did everyone liked a nerd like me and not her. I seriously had no answer but tried consoling her which went to worse and she ended up throwing her favourite strawberry milk at my face. Everyone turned to look at us. I was embarrassed and ran to the washroom. She must have realised it a bit later and was coming to apologise when she saw her crush offering me a tissue when I stepped out of the washroom after crying litres. We were young and she misunderstood his kindness, thinking that I even snatched away her love. I didn't. Why would I? We both had told each other about our crush and there was no way I could fall for him", you tell.

" And you became a bad b!t¢h for her...", she adds.

"Yup.... I didn't know how to fix things and decided to distance myself from her and that crush of hers. There was not much scope of talking left. Since, I was popular, people supported me until she decided to turn the tables. I get it that it must be hard for her but why ruin my life?", you tell.

" Yup, then...", she seems interested.

" I don't know what occurred to her that she began approaching Choi Dae-jung, the boy I found really cute then, but now I doubt my choice. They would go home together and at times hold hands. I knew, this was just to take a revenge and thought that I could give up on him. Strangely enough, on one fine day, he approached me and said that he and Iseul are not a thing. I was confused at why did he tell that to me. He then said that he actually liked me. I was puzzled but then my silly love for him reignited. I so much wanted to ask An Iseul about the same but how could have I when we were at odds...."

"Yup, makes sense", she says.