I don't think this is right...

RON LEATHERS: #4

It's still ringing. But Leah was looking at me very impatiently, clicking the pen and hitting the base of my bean bag with her leg. It's irritating. "Hey, it's not connected yet." I hissed at her and Alec. Really! Now, it's getting annoying as hell. Damn, why can't this girl lift her phone?

"I just don't believe you, Ron. Put it on speaker. Now."

I can't keep up with the women in my life. But still, I have to face them, I guess. I put the call to the speaker on her command. The call got connected after a few seconds. Why did she have to lift the call? Both Alec and Leah displayed looks of demand.

"Hello?" Her voice echoed. I put the call on hold.

"Hey, guys? Should I have to do-"

"Yes." Both of them yelled. Damn it!

"But-"

"That's the only way we have got. Don't be such a coward."Alec cut me off in a stone-cold tone. I put the call back on.

"Hey, do you have any manners?" This girl, I would love to kill her. She looked too innocent for the crocodile inside her.

"Hello, this is, uhm-hmm Ron Leathers." There were a few seconds of silence.

"Hey, man! So, you want the ophthalmologist's info?" I was grinding my teeth trying hard not to yell at her. Both Leah and Alec sniggered. "Mr Uhm-hmm Ron Leathers? Are you there?" Such an impolite lady!

"Yeah. So... I was thinking if we can arrange dinner tonight?"

"What are you getting at?" Her tone sounded playful. Jesus!

"It's nothing more than a simple dinner and a talk to sort things out. Why not call it a truce between us?"

"You do know that we've just met. Right?" Her tone was filled with uncertainty.

"Of course, I do have the account of my unfortunate meeting with you. But let's talk about these things tonight over dinner. I hope you are down for it?" Alec was showing a thumbs-up at this point and I felt like cracking the bones of his fingers. The crocodile chuckled a 'haha'.

"To be honest, Ron, I do not have any considerations regarding this 'truce' idea on my agenda. On top of that, I'm not at all free tonight." There were sounds of car horns in the background. Maybe she's on the road. While I'm done having this civilized talk with a super uncivilized citizen, Leah's been mouthing 'tomorrow'. I exhaled loudly.

"How about tomorrow night?" That's it. No more cool talking or dinner invitations.

"I guess that'll work. Text me the address and you better not fool me. If you do, I'll publish another article; this call is also being recorded. See ya! Leathers." And she cut the call. Leathers? Ron? Ron Leathers? Who is she? My mother? Girlfriend? Friend? Or at least an acquaintance? How dare she refer to me with no respect? I'm above her in everything.

I need to get this over as soon as possible otherwise I may go all nuts. I saved her contact as 'Ms Crocodile'. At least, I respect her. Once I lifted my head I could see Alec sporting a passive look and Leah was displaying an apologetic look.

"She's ...tough, mate." I glared at him. He walked out of the scene.

"Gotta go, Sir." Leah followed him in pursuit. Yeah, be like that. Though I'm your friend, I'm your boss after all. How dare they act this demanding? Am I being too lenient towards them? Ah... Nah! You don't need to set boundaries with friends. So, how did I surrender to them? Well, I do have a few dramatic friends, Nah, overdramatic. They started narrating my future if I failed to set this thing straight. They went like, 'my dear friend! What's gonna happen if your dad finds out about this thing? He may assume his son has turned into a playboy and he may cut your allowances. And we'll be broke.' Yeah, I had to take that into consideration. The first part might be correct but I wouldn't let my dad win even in my life because I've given him enough chances to let that happen where I completely forgot who I was. So, one might think that I'm a complete loser. My phone rang which further stopped me from stomping over my pride through my over-analytical speech.