6: Strangely Familiar Darkness

Rocco led me to the boys' locker room and there was no one there. He shut the door and sat me down.

"Sorry about Addy. She could be a b.."

"Bitch?" I completed and he chuckled, nodding his head.

"Yeah that." he said with a small smile that added to his handsome features.

"It's nothing much, you don't have to apologise for her." I shrugged as I took my shirt off. I wore a black bra underneath and for some reason, I wasn't ashamed of being this open in front of a guy I just met. I mean he was cool and not that type of guy.

Rocco stared at me in amuse as his eyes grazed over me and they stopped at my belly. He probably noticed the bruises there.

"It looks like you've been beaten all your life." his eyes were glued to my body as he said this and he didn't have a look of desire, it was one of worry. Probably...

"Yeah I guess." I said.

"You guess?" he asked and stared at me now, coming closer as he sat next to me.

"I actually have no memory of myself." I laughed nervously.

"Wait are you serious?"

"Yup. I think I had a head injury so I guess I don't remember anything aside my name."

"That's sad." he muttered.

"In a way." I replied. "Honestly, I don't think I want to recall the past I once had. It feels horrifying." I whispered the last part.

"I like you." he said with a small smile and I furrowed my eyebrows immediately.

"What? wait you-"

"Not in that way Dali." he laughed and I sighed with relief.

"Jeez, I thought..." I laughed smally at the thought.

"I like how strong and confident you are." he said. "And beautiful too."

There was silence in the air and I broke it by bursting out in loud laughter.

"You're teasing me now!" I laughed and he did too.

"I'm not!" he laughed. "You're actually pretty hot." he said seriously and I couldn't stop blushing.

"I-"

"Dali?" I heard a voice and simultaneously,  we looked to our side, seeing Ace stand there.

He had an emotionless look on his face and his eyes were glued to my boobs. I noticed this and covered up wih my shirt immediately.

Don't get me wrong here, Ace is different from Rocco.

He tore his gaze from me and stared at Rocco. "I'll take it from here." he said and Rocco nodded, rising up to his feet.

"See you later Dali." He flashed me a smile in which I returned. He patted Ace as a greeting before leaving.

"Beautiful." Ace muttered under his breath with a small humorless chuckle. I could tell he heard what Rocco said and now he just mocked him.

Rolling my eyes, I stood up and was about to walk past him to the sink when he stopped me by holding my wrist. He stared at my shoulder where there was a bruise which was probably the impact of the hot drink.

"I came to help you, not watch you walk away."

"I don't need your help Ace." I gritted out.

"Stay." he ordered so I sighed and stood there with my arms folded across my chest. He arrived after sometime and was now with a white box.