11: You Did Nothing Wrong Dali

After the interview with the nice bald headed man, I headed out of his office, missing the scent of fresh flowers.

Rose had told the man not to ask personal questions about myself such as my last name, where I was born and other things. I felt this was so nice of her, unlike her son.

Dismissing the thoughts, I checked the note the Principal had given me which contained the number of my locker and some other contents.

The hallways were silent and I was glad no one was present since they were all having classes. I placed the note in my bag and headed for the bathroom.

"Gosh," I muttered, checking myself in the mirror. I didn't realise how horrible I had looked, due to me crying so much last night. I dropped my bag and packed my hair slowly into a ponytail.

My lips looked chapped so I applied a small quantity of gloss, spreading it on my lips. I looked at my reflection with a frown, my insecurities didn't make me feel as pretty.

Sighing, I was right about to leave when I heard whimpers coming from a stall. "Is someone there?" I asked with worry. The sobs increased and I knocked on one of the doors. I knew it was none of my business but I felt so drawn to the sounds of this person's cries.

The door opened slowly and I saw a familiar person. My mind flashed back to the girl Ace chased out and I realised this person in front of me was Bianca.

"H-hey it's fine." I stooped down to her level and hugged her as she cried harder. She released me and stared at me with tears in her eyes.

"S-sage?" she slid away from me gently like she had seen a ghost. 

Who is Sage? The name sounds oddly familiar.

"No I'm Da...my name's Dali." I replied with a small voice.

"Where's S-S-Sage?" she asked with fear in her eyes.

"I don't know who Sage is."

"You don't?" she relaxed a bit now and stared at me confusedly.

"N-no."

"Where's your dad?" she asked again.

"I don't know."

"Wait so you don't remember?"

These questions were getting too much for me.

"No, I don't remember anything Bianca."

"So how do you know my name?"

Sighing, I stood up from my position, already getting tired of answering these questions.

"I was present when Ace chased you out the other day."

"You know Ace?"

"Yeah, everyone knows Ace." I said matter-of-factly.

"So are the both of you like dating?" she asked and I shook my head, holding out my hand for her. She held my hand and I pulled her up.

"I just live with him."

She sighed with relief at this and I furrowed my eyebrows. "Is there anything wrong? You asked a lot of questions." I said with a frown.

"I.." she contemplated whether telling me or not. "It's nothing." she said. "You just look a lot like someone I know but thankfully, you're not the one." she looked more relaxed now.

"Oh okay."

"Thanks Dali." she smiled at me.

"For?"

"Caring. No one's ever cared about me." she frowned at the latter part and I smiled at her with pity, going ahead to hug her.

"You're welcome."